Trusty Bell Trailer

A demo for Eternal Sonata is out on the Japanese Marketplace, for those with a Japanese Xbox Live account. And for the record, it is downloadable for those outside of Japan (such as myself :)). It looks and plays pretty nice, everything is translated into English as well!

Edit: if you idle at the title screen you get to see some cutscenes.

A demo for Eternal Sonata is out on the Japanese Marketplace, for those with a Japanese Xbox Live account. And for the record, it is downloadable for those outside of Japan (such as myself :)). It looks and plays pretty nice, everything is translated into English as well!

Edit: if you idle at the title screen you get to see some cutscenes.

Thanks for the info :smile: . Though, I thought MS was now being strict on people making accounts on regions that they dont live in? :oops:

Thanks for the info :smile: . Though, I thought MS was now being strict on people making accounts on regions that they dont live in? :oops:
I believe Microsoft only prohibits access to regionlocked content, as an example movies on the US marketplace. Other content is still available for download.

Well I grabbed the demo, and it's certainly a visually stunning game. It's about time fantastic 2D visuals began appearing on next gen systems.

The combat reminds me of Grandia 2 in its own way. Definitely an interesting way of playing an RPG.

Definitely looks like a purchase for me. And yes, the demo is in English on my Aussie 360.

It's a very beautiful game, even more so than the screen shots present. I dig the combat system, though I'm still not sure if I'll like the story. The voice acting is hit or miss, but still bearable in the worst of times. The cut scene in the bedroom is stunning, my eyes were kept wandering to admire the impressive detail on the floor. The walking/running animation falls apart when turning; as picky as this seems, it's a pet-peeve of mine. Too bad we can't change the camera angle, some of the trees and leaves look incredibly impressive, it would be nice to check them out from other angles. Luckily we get a close up a few seconds into the game. The art direction, needless to say, is awesome.

I'll definitely pick up this game based on what I've played so far.

Gameplay was good but it looked like they toned down the difficulty for the demo. The graphics are honestly the best I've ever seen, the backgrounds will blow you away. I really want a zelda with this style.

I want to get that game SOOOO much
Definately! :devilish:

I was watching "new" gameplay vids on GT just now, and they're absolutely beautiful. I can only image how nice this game would look on my 60" HDTV in 1080i :LOL:

But alas, I wont get my HDD till friday-saturday(curse you shipping!!! :devilish: ), so for now, I can only sit and wait :cry:

I have to say, that the best demo I have ever downloaded. I love the battle system and graphics. Definitely a buy for me.

i created a japanese account just to be able to play this demo and boy was it worth it. wonderfully detailed visuals, fun dynamic battle system, quality musical score, lovely character designs...in short: i'm adoring this game:D

reminds me of playing secret of mana on my snes back in the days. the good old days of enjoying kind hearted fun fantasy adventure stories, mastering fun strategic gameplay "systems" and loving the exploration of these wonderfully detailed worlds.

btw my wife fell in love with the game too, and she says we are getting this game no matter what. so since the commander in chief of our household has spoken, there is nothing else i can do but to obey ;)

Great demo. Can't wait to buy the game I'm just worried about the timing. September is supposed to be a really loaded month for the Xbox 360. I hope this game doesn't get lost in the hype but I don't want it to be pushed back either.

Created a Japanese account to download. I must say this is easily the most colorful and beatiful game I've ever seen. The genre is sooo not me but I found myself quite immersed due to the presentation.

Started playing the demo, really great stuff :D

Uhm, how to you heal btw? I keep getting pwnt and im really clueless about this :oops:

Started playing the demo, really great stuff :D

Uhm, how to you heal btw? I keep getting pwnt and im really clueless about this :oops:

Hit y outside of battle, select items, and select a healing item if you have one. Polka can heal in battle by hitting the y button to use her "orange glow" ability, but only when she is outside of any shadowed area. You can also use healing items in battle by hitting x.

I recently played the demo too. It looks like it's going to be awesome. Very pretty cartoony visuals, looking forward to cutscenes. I hope the full game is challenging so it doesn't follow down the path of Grandia 2 where it had a great refreshing combat system with the only problem being the actual combat being this side of easy.
:oops: How in the world is that possible? The demo is unbelievably easy. Aside from healing out of battle and that girl's healing ability(although the one time I tried it her healing glow didn't do anything to the other party members even though I was standing right next to them) you can assign healing items so you can use them during battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polka can heal in battle by hitting the y button to use her "orange glow" ability, but only when she is outside of any shadowed area.
What do exactly mean by "shadowed area?". :eek:
you can assign healing items so you can use them during battle.
I tried assigning items but I cant seem to do it or something :???: god, im such a ******* idiot :mad:

*fails at life* :cry:

New Japanese Trailer.

Pretty much the same areas/environments as the other videos, but several parts of the game show new areas for a brief moment.

Back