Trusty Bell Trailer

What do exactly mean by "shadowed area?". :eek:

I tried assigning items but I cant seem to do it or something :???: god, im such a ******* idiot :mad:

*fails at life* :cry:

iirc the guy at the entrance of the forest zone explains you how this "light/shadow" mechanism is incorprated into the battle system. if that doesn't help start examining the fields that you are fighting enemies on, sooner or later you will start to notice that some parts of the battle fields are dark/shadowy and some areas of the fields are sunny/light (like falkster mentioned earlier). To be able to execute a light special move (like polka's healing orange glow), your character should be in a light/sunny spot in the field and then you should press assigned button(y in polka's orange glow example).

edit: all my posts that i wrote when my boss was breathing down my neck are grammatical "masterpeices", i'm just happy that you could decipher my ramblings frenzy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Baten Kaitos, but am not really feeling it for this title. It's cute, scenic, and stylish, but I'm just getting jaded at this point. (Especially since there will be so many at that particular level that there's nothing to get excited about ahead of time like I was with--say--Rogue Galaxy, but instead will simply wait until it's launched and vetted to see if there's reason to pick it up. Blue Dragon falls in here, too.)

At this point, I can only really invest enough interest ones like Lost Odyssey, XIII/Versus, Mass Effect, and White Knight Story. Big projects, jaw-dropping graphics and artistry, and where you can see some kind of different gameply aspirations to latch onto. (Granted we can't see the gameplay with all of those yet, so I'll lean on the graphics and art until I find out whether the gameplay and story blows. :p )

Eternal Sonata demo available

OXM US has the exclusive Eternal Sonata demo on their August 07 issue. I'm not a RPG gamer, but it was a very pretty looking game. Usually they get at least a 3 week lead on their demos before it goes up on Live Marketplace.

Tommy McClain

OXM US has the exclusive Eternal Sonata demo on their August 07 issue. I'm not a RPG gamer, but it was a very pretty looking game. Usually they get at least a 3 week lead on their demos before it goes up on Live Marketplace.

Tommy McClain

Is this the same demo thats been up on the Japanese Marketplace for quite some time now? ;)

the funny thing about the japanese demo is that it checks what continent you're downloading from and automatically switches to that language, the translation to english was pretty good but I was more impressed by the detailed visuals. It definitely won't be as impressive in just screens or movies, even in small battle areas there's a lot of care. you can see how to make a japanese live account here.

http://www.destructoid.com/eternal-...l-make-your-japanese-account-now--31512.phtml

Is this the same demo thats been up on the Japanese Marketplace for quite some time now? ;)

I haven't played or seen the Japanese version. So I went on YouTube and found a video of the Japanese version. Like Nintenho said it was also available in English. So it looks it might be the same one. Except it says Eternal Sonata instead of Trusty Bell. LOL

Anyway, I didn't think Microsoft was allowing people to create accounts from other countries anymore? If so, the only way you could get this demo currently would be to have the magazine, that is until it hits the US Marketplace in a couple of weeks.

Tommy McClain

I haven't played or seen the Japanese version. So I went on YouTube and found a video of the Japanese version. Like Nintenho said it was also available in English. So it looks it might be the same one. Except it says Eternal Sonata instead of Trusty Bell. LOL

Anyway, I didn't think Microsoft was allowing people to create accounts from other countries anymore? If so, the only way you could get this demo currently would be to have the magazine, that is until it hits the US Marketplace in a couple of weeks.

Tommy McClain
The only thing Microsoft disallows is downloading content that is specifically locked for use within selected regions. As far as I know, the only content that has such limitations thus far are movies and television series. All the other content is still downloadable.

Maybe not a huge hype but MS at least tried to hype this game as it was supposed to attract some Japenese gamers.
It was hyped as a real good classic jrpg but from this review it seems laking "deepness" and variety.
Anyway not a huge blow as MS is dead in Japan.

Maybe not a huge hype but MS at least tried to hype this game as it was supposed to attract some Japenese gamers.
It was hyped as a real good classic jrpg but from this review it seems laking "deepness" and variety.
Anyway not a huge blow as MS is dead in Japan.
It's not really a traditional JRPG though, it has more action-oriented combat (still turn-based, but time and movement are important as well).

How is the game ? Is it confirmed that Eternal Sonata (Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream) is coming to PS3 with 2 extra playable characters ?

Oh yippie I nearly forgot I had this game pre-ordered(And I'm getting a Eternal Sonata faceplate because I preordered :D).

Back