Trusty Bell Trailer

I know. Thats the only thing I'm worried about with all of these RPGs. Will they even try to make thier money back and make a good translation. I know that sounds stupid but I know I can't stand(will not endure) a crappy translation and I think I'm not alone.

You my friend are not alone.

Ok with all the news recently I feel I have to ask... Is this confirmed as a 360 exclusive?

What is so funny about that? How many great RPG's did Xbox360 have in its first year? :rolleyes:

PS3 doesn't have to compete first-year for first-year. People look at what's on the shelves and make their decision that way.

It's pointless to say, "oh, but the 360 didn't have X at that point in its life." Point is, it has it now and the PS3 does not. Why would I wait for a catch-up?

PS3 doesn't have to compete first-year for first-year. People look at what's on the shelves and make their decision that way.

It's pointless to say, "oh, but the 360 didn't have X at that point in its life." Point is, it has it now and the PS3 does not. Why would I wait for a catch-up?

God you're so harsh. I want to be fair to Sony, and give them that extra year to come out with great games. I mean they're only chargin me 600+tax for the system! I know they have my best interests in mind, so I'm going to ignore whatever else there may be going on in the market, and place the PS3 in a vaccuum in my mind. Then they always win!

Bandai Namco has some pretty awesome cell-shading going on the 360.

This is the trailer for IDOL M@ster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyDgr04QJvk

You don't have to appreciate the game to appreciate the non-photorealistic rendering. It's the most true-to-anime style that I've seen in real time.

If anyone has seen better please share.

They should just start making Cartoons on the Xbox and Playstation. Wow.
What they need though is AA, and lots of it. Last gen had some great cartoon-like graphics, and if you lost the texture shimmer and aliasing, it'd have been good enough for broadcast I think. This gen, the black outlines should be render separately with a proper AA'd line-drawing algorithm. Although if the consoles just damned-well downsampled HD content to SD, that'd be good enough for most people! :devilish:

updated pics!

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4036_en.html

looking beautiful as ever! :cool:

1099_0018.jpg

1099_0017.jpg

You cant imagine how God awfully want this game. I simply ADORE the art direction.

It raises emotions in me just by watching the screenshots

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful

You cant imagine how God awfully want this game. I simply ADORE the art direction.

It raises emotions in me just by watching the screenshots

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful

Seconded! :smile:
*sidenote - when I pictured N-Revolution in my head, this is what I had in mind.:cry:

I'm glad devs are expanding old art styles with new age tech to produce stunning results!

:arrow: note to devs/pubs - Not everything needs to look like a simulation of reality to be beautiful!:idea:

Good summer/fall for RPG owners on 360, Trusty Bell, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey :D

Indeed! Might even be a few more surprises coming up.:D Like maybe even TooHuman actually turning out well.:oops:

Can't wait to see what some other devs are bringing to xb360 in this genre! :devilish:

Ugh, I cant believe it took me 5 months to find out about this game! :devilish:

This and White Knight Story definately has me very excited for next gen JRPGs :D

Not sure if it has already been posted but the game is now called Eternal Sonata for the US and probably the rest of the western countries as well. Thank goodness they changed the name. I wonder what they are going to call Infinite Undiscovery.

I know you posted this months ago, but did the "new name" really get confirmed in US aswell? because GameTrailers posted the TGS trailer yesterday and I guess they didnt pick up the memo (its still named Trusty Bell :cry: )

I know you posted this months ago, but did the "new name" really get confirmed in US aswell? because GameTrailers posted the TGS trailer yesterday and I guess they didnt pick up the memo (its still named Trusty Bell :cry: )
The name has been confirmed as Eternal Sonata in the US. Almost all advertisments for the game right now are still under the Japanese name because just like the trailer it is an advertisment for Japanese gamers. When Namco decides to start adverts for the west then you will see.

Does anyone else have concerns on how well this title might sell in NA? I'd love to see a game like this do well because it would promote similarly 'risky' titles for the west but it seems to be a niche within a niche and that generally doesnt translate to sales.

EDIT:Forgot the part about how i love the original art direction on this, i'll do my part when it comes out in NA and pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else have concerns on how well this title might sell in NA? I'd love to see a game like this do well because it would promote similarly 'risky' titles for the west but it seems to be a niche within a niche and that generally doesnt translate to sales.

EDIT:Forgot the part about how i love the original art direction on this, i'll do my part when it comes out in NA and pick it up.

Depends on who's publishing it. If MS does and it gets a pretty good marketing budget it should do pretty decent.

Edit: Also a DEMO would do wonders for this title I think.

The smart move on this would be to give a huge ad budget for this game, BlueDragon, and Lost Odysee, Banjo, Viva2(?), Kameo2(?) . I think MS still has not shed the shooter only image in the gaming popuous even though quality titles exist outside this genre. The only people that know this though are xb gamers that already own the system.

Personally I think this game has more potential to sell well in the states than BD.

Back