Trusty Bell Trailer

joystiq said:
...Like most folk, Eternal Sonata had us at hello with its luscious visuals and charming style. Having played it, our appreciation for this title has gone from distant admiration to serious adoration. It may not reinvent the wheel of Japanese RPG's, but thus far Tri-Crescendo has managed to create one that has the ability to capture the hearts of those who typically wouldn't bother with the genre...

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/16/hands-on-impressions-and-english-screens-of-eternal-sonata/

New 720p vid up on live and at xboxyde too :mrgreen:

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4115_en.html

oh btw ... WW release this summer;) :cool:

The image/picture quality of both are terrible (especially the DQ8 one), not a very good comparison. After watching the trailer of Trusty Bell i have to say, DQ8 looks better. DQ8 isn't the only one, there are also better looking cell-shaded games on the PS2, Sly 2 come to mind.

Just IMHO of course

The image/picture quality of both are terrible (especially the DQ8 one), not a very good comparison. After watching the trailer of Trusty Bell i have to say, DQ8 looks better. DQ8 isn't the only one, there are also better looking cell-shaded games on the PS2, Sly 2 come to mind.

Just IMHO of course

Can you link me to a screenshot which you think is representative of DQ8's graphical superiority please? Your call is, IMO, far-fetched... I'd like to see it substantiated.

The Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata pic was a screen-grab from the trailer btw, which explains some of the loss of quality, but it certainly looks gorgeous.

The image/picture quality of both are terrible (especially the DQ8 one), not a very good comparison. After watching the trailer of Trusty Bell i have to say, DQ8 looks better
Just IMHO of course
I've no idea where you get that idea from! DQ8 has a great feel to it, but TB trumps it in every way - as you'd expect. Better IQ, better lighting, better everything. To me, the best Cell-shaded game on PS2, probably from last gen, is Rogue Galaxy, from the clips and screenies out there. Yet is ahsn't the self-shadowing or fidelity of Trusty Bell.

So I've no idea what you're basing your opinion on. What about TB looks inferior to DQ8?

Besided the cutscenes the game looks quite average to me. It's a souped up Rogue Galaxy / Dragon Quest VIII looking game. Not even close to the level of Lost Odyssey or White Knight Story although all those game are going for a totally different look.

beautiful :oops:

cant understand why this game is not on Famistu most wanted

There has been very little talk of this game and very little media for it from the day it was announced until present. In fact from my understanding most of that video is from a trailer they had at TGS, the videos at IGN is newer and below standard unless you subscribe to their site, and they just recently released it for JPN Xbox 360 market place.

Since this is the only Quality game made for Japan in particular that will be out for the system before TGS2007 I don't see the why Microsoft isn't pushing it. It might not be their own property but that hasn't stopped them or other console manufactures in the past when they needed to at least in the west.

Just IMHO of course

Are you saying that your prefer the art direction in DQ8, or do you believe that DQ8 is technically more visually impressive? If it's the latter, perhaps it would help us to understand your opinion if you explain what in particular looks better (lighting, animation, etc). Is there anything in Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata that looks better in your opinion?

As for my opinion on this game, being a fan of JRPGs, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I don't share the opinion of those that believe this game is jaw-dropping gorgeous, though maybe they were talking about the cut-scenes while I'm talking about the gameplay. I really dig the particle effects, the animation, and the overall smoothness of the game. The art-direction is, needless to say, amazing, and the plot sounds interesting. ES is likely a day one purchase for me.

Oh come on.......PSman :LOL:

It's clear someone is looking at things with a certain type of glasses. Why even both to humor such posts?

The cinematics look excellent. I used to be a big RPG fan but I think my tastes have diminished. Most of them are just too hokey for me.

Sorry gentlemens for taking so long to response.

The main reason why I find Dragon Quest 8 more impressive looking is because, after watching the Trusty Bell trailer, TB doesn't look as beautiful or as colorful as DQ8. PLus, the characters models in TB doesn't looks as good as DQ8 chracters, It also doesn't animate as well. The environment in TB also looks pretty bland and lack details.

Will TB looks better than DQ8 in the final version? It's possible. But so far, I have to say DQ8 looks superior.

DQ8 is a beautiful game!:cool: One of the most beautiful looking game that I have ever seen!

^All just IMHO

Obviously saying DQ8 looks better is just wrong as technically it's bested in every way by this game, but I do prefer the overall look of DQ8. Forgetting all the advantages Trusty Bell has because it's running on far more powerful hardware for a second PSman I can see where he is coming from.

Back