Trials Fusion [PS4, XO]

How do we going to know how much gain we could get from TrueAudio? Is there a switch to enable/disable TrueAudio?
Unfortunately, I don't know. I am not an audio engineer. I would assume the middleware uses the hardware mixer automatically if it's available. Maybe AMD drivers have enable/disable option for TrueAudio.

Other game that use TrueAudio (Thief) only offload convolution reverb, which supposed to work without TrueAudio hardware but apparently the software solution didn't work, thus can't be used to benchmark the gain that can be get by using TrueAudio.
Anyway, since this game is locked @60fps, how hard is the optimization against the worst case scenario (since player behavior can sometimes be unpredictable)?

We reach double frame rate compared to the graphically demanding titles such as Infamous Second Son, Killzone (SP), Assassin's Creed and Ryse: Son of Rome.

Rough mapping:
720p @ 60 fps is slightly more demanding to the GPU than 1080p @ 30 fps
900p @ 60 fps is almost 50% more demanding to the GPU than 1080p @ 30 fps
1080p @ 60 fps is twice as demanding to the GPU than 1080p @ 30 fps

For our game, stable 60 fps is the most important thing. Pushing twice as many frames requires twice as many GPU and CPU cycles. This makes our game very demanding to the hardware.

There aren't many 60 fps locked games on next gen consoles. We are locked 60 fps all the time, not fluctuating between 30-50 fps (when things start to happen) like most of the other "60 fps" games do. Also our rendering resolutions are higher compared to these games.

Are you allowed to share more details about performance? Not console wars bullshit, just more insights on the xbone build.

From your posts (earlier talking about DF rendering and this one where you specify gpu cycles) I would assume esram size is not a problem to fit your gbuffer layout in 1080p, and that's probably some other limited gpu resources not being enough for it with the little render time you have... On a high level, what was the biggest culprit? ALU? Fillrate? Memory bandwidth? Cpu stalling the gpu? Something else?

And, do you think that with enough experience on the platform you would be able to overcome that without impacting the game, or it's a shortcoming of the design (or even not the hardware itself, but things like the OS architecture taking a bigger hit then expected due virtualization) with no way around it other than changing that aspect of the game?

I'm sure that with enough experience you could do even better, but I guess what I'm asking is: Do you see that as being something that being more experienced with the platform could eliminate the obstacle, or it's something that would require designing the game around it?

On Xbox 360 we use 1/6 of the total CPU power (one full HW thread out of six) solely for audio mixing / software DSPs. On next gen consoles you would likely use one CPU core for audio, however you don't need to, since the hardware audio DSP takes care of that. Also the hardware DSP can mix more stuff than a single CPU core could ever do, allowing more simultaneous voices, filters and effects..
Sebbi we know the console dsp's can mix lots of compressed audio streams into the game, but what else can they do ? what filters ,what effects If you dont know could you ask your audio dude
tnx...

Wasnt trying to start any versus crap. Alot off you guys took what I was saying the wrong way.
I was only trying to point out that alot of people get upset if a multiplat game runs at the same settings on both systems. They cry out that the developer was forced into having parity between the systems or they choose parity to avoid controversy. I am saying that sometimes in the present and future multiplat games will achieve parity with the sole reason being that both systems are capable of reaching the design goals that the developer set out for.

It also say it will increase the X1 resolution from 800p to 900p.
The fact that there is a patch that contains optimization for both platforms doesnt mean they wont be a solid 60 fps. These patches are the norm for this gen.

It also say it will increase the X1 resolution from 800p to 900p.
The fact that there is a patch that contains optimization for both platforms doesnt mean they wont be a solid 60 fps. These patches are the norm for this gen.

I know...but how can a framerate be improved...if it is constant locked 60Hz? Only if it is not constant 60Hz. That is why I am wondering.

That internal press release was not intended for you (customers). The press got an early (unfinished) version of the game. You (customers) will see 60 fps vsync locked game on all platforms straight at the launch day.

Press is always looking for scandals. Wait for 2 days, play the game. Make your own judgments. Hint: It will be 60 fps locked, and smooth as butter :)

That internal press release was not intended for you (customers). The press got an early (unfinished) version of the game. You (customers) will see 60 fps vsync locked game on all platforms straight at the launch day.

Press is always looking for scandals. Wait for 2 days, play the game. Make your own judgments. Hint: It will be 60 fps locked, and smooth as butter :)

Thanks for clarifying Sebbi!!

Hmm....too bad we still don't have pre orders for the ps4 store, meaning my local price can be known only when its out. Hoping its not too over the top.
The PS4 free ("demo") version can be upgraded into the full game at 19.90$ price. If you want the digital downloaded version, this is a good way to go.

The season pass is 19.90$ and includes six DLCs. It's a really cost effective way to get all the DLCs (only 3.33$ each) if you like the game. The price of course could slightly vary by region.

The PS4 free ("demo") version can be upgraded into the full game at 19.90$ price. If you want the digital downloaded version, this is a good way to go.

The season pass is 19.90$ and includes six DLCs. It's a really cost effective way to get all the DLCs (only 3.33$ each) if you like the game. The price of course could slightly vary by region.

Great to know there will be a demo ! Thats a big thumbs up from me for that ! Recently a LOT of devs shy away from a demo losing my sale, frankly. I mean there's that Strike Suit zero game on psn, but there's no demo and for me there is no way to know if its any good. B3D has made no nose about it and there is no friend of mine who has bought it either. I am intrigued, want to give it a try but don't want to spend the money blindly as Child of Light is almost here and I don't want any hesitations for my wallet when that arrives :p !

So, a big plus if u guys a re bringing out a demo. If I have even a bit of fun in it then Purchase is guaranteed considering the game already has so many fans on B3D. Will the track making tools be available in the demo?

Btw, can u by any chance divulge what exactly u guys have planned out for those six DLCs? I mean will they be all map packs or additions to track making tools or something else? I mean six is a big number for a $20 game. I don't think there is any other $20 game out there which gets so many DLCs :) !

Oh, that is a nice trick!! Will use it...

You can get the $20 version and then add the $20 pass later correct? I want to make sure I'm into it before I commit.

Back