Titanfall 2 [PS4, XO]

Wasn't the beta only for the last weekend? Or is it still on?
I had no fun, tbh. But i give them the benefit of doubt that i maybe i didn't understand the systems much.
Bounty felt like a grind for a titan which died too quickly upon deployment. I am sure there mist be some way to regain the health of a titan, but i didn't see it.
Hardamp was so haphazard in the matches i played that i have no idea what to think of it.
And both the maps did not feel like they were made for titans at all ! Being in a titan felt like a liability rather than a exciting preposition.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Yeah. I'm definitely not pre-ordering TF2. I've warned coworkers too. I'll likely give it a couple months to settle down and see how it fares.

It was so easy for them to get things right in TF2. I didn't think they could have screwed things up so badly. I was even searching for EA Access discount codes to get 12 months around $25 then preorder the TF2 w/ Season Pass with the 10% discount or so. That would have been an extra $17 EA got from me on top of just the TF2 sale. Then I played the TF2 Beta. I stopped searching for EA Access discount codes. Now they get $0.00 from me.

in all honesty TF1 with more maps , modes and titans and perhaps weapons would have made a killer TF2 ... dunno why they screwed this up. But hey I just saved $60

Wasn't the beta only for the last weekend? Or is it still on?
I had no fun, tbh. But i give them the benefit of doubt that i maybe i didn't understand the systems much.
Bounty felt like a grind for a titan which died too quickly upon deployment. I am sure there mist be some way to regain the health of a titan, but i didn't see it.
Hardamp was so haphazard in the matches i played that i have no idea what to think of it.
And both the maps did not feel like they were made for titans at all ! Being in a titan felt like a liability rather than a exciting preposition.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

To regenerate health you need to steal a battery from an enemy Titan and return to your (or I assume a friendly Titan). They get health and full shields. I never saw this in action but it sounds like it could be OP in some ways so I can see a whole new meta about batteries developing. If it's fun or not who knows as there seemed to be too many options locked away so we only played paper and scissors or so it felt

Anyone play the second weekend beta of TF2 yet?

@BRiT

i have. Its even worse than week-1 in terms of balance (good campers get titan really really fast). But much better in term on movements and the amount of titan falling from the sky.

btw more and more people noticed the "wallahack" feature of T2. so flanking is harder than Week-1.

The Titans definitely drop a lot more, but I still feel it plays a lot more like cod. For whatever reason I'm very good at it, but I'm not going to get it.

The Titans definitely drop a lot more, but I still feel it plays a lot more like cod. For whatever reason I'm very good at it, but I'm not going to get it.
lol same with me!
i keep getting top score (1st) in almost all match. Winning match, im 1st. Losing match? also 1st.

the weird thing is, it was not like this in Week-1. Maybe they changed the matchmaking to be more like destiny? (targeting 50% win/loss)

Even more reason to not buy TitanFall2.
GameReactor Story: http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/452003/Titanfall+2+wont+be+part+of+EA/Origin+Access/

Titanfall 2 will not be part of EA Access or Origin Access, meaning there won't be any free trials or early access to the game, nor will there be any discounts when it launches.

This report is backed up by the fact it says Titanfall 2 is excluded from EA Access in the fine print of the FAQ section of the official website

But TitanFall 1 is in the vault.

They don't want the play early so they can control all the negative reviews and word of mouth getting out that would lead to cancellation of preorders or day 1 purchases.

They don't want the play preview window (game trial) so the players can't get a feel for the game and realize it's nothing like what made Titanfall 1 great.

They must be aware they fucked up the game and are in pre-active damage control mode.

whatever, my cousin already so hellbent on buying it at launch. now i just need to persuade him to buy it digitally

But TitanFall 1 is in the vault.

They don't want the play early so they can control all the negative reviews and word of mouth getting out that would lead to cancellation of preorders or day 1 purchases.

They don't want the play preview window (game trial) so the players can't get a feel for the game and realize it's nothing like what made Titanfall 1 great.

They must be aware they fucked up the game and are in pre-active damage control mode.

Definitely possible. I have a feeling the actual reviews will be decent, because most of the press people I saw on twitter playing it liked it. If they can control the negative user reviews from fans of the original, they can make sure the first press is from the actual press, which will probably be reasonably good.

Oh yeah, I too think it will get good reviews from new to the game press reviewers and also from new players. It's all about controlling the deserved negative reviews from those who were with the series from the beginning.

It shouldn't be called Titanfall out of respect to those who enjoyed the original and were looking forward to a sequel.

my cousin and friends that have never played T1 also love T2.

But its so bloody hard to persuade people to buy T1 on the cheap (it was disocunted to 5 dollars for the game and all DLC).

i want to know how they feel T1 after playing T2.

I think calling it Titanfall is fine. As a big fan of the first one, I'm disappointed. There are plenty of people who may prefer the 2nd to the 1st, especially those that never played the 1st.

Oh yeah, I too think it will get good reviews from new to the game press reviewers and also from new players. It's all about controlling the deserved negative reviews from those who were with the series from the beginning.

It shouldn't be called Titanfall out of respect to those who enjoyed the original and were looking forward to a sequel.

Yeah it would have been better if they'd done something similar to Demon Souls -> Dark Souls. Similar enough to show that the gameplay is similar but not exactly the same, but different enough to show that it's a different game.

Regards,
SB

To be fair, it's not like Titanfall is a completely different game. It's fundamentally the same thing. They just altered the map design so that it played more like cod. They have lanes or choke points in the maps, and they have less built into the map for off-ground traversal. The traversal is still there, it's just minimized.

Holy shit this game is brilliant ! Loving the SP campaign (Play on hard) and the MP is so exciting, unlike the beta before the changes !
Now this is where u can see that these guys are the ones behind COD1,2 and 4 !
Thank you Sony for the 43% off code or I would have missed this game completely after that beta. What a fab game ! Cannot comment on the logevity etc yet but oh boy I had a great great time today ~ !!!!

TF2 has similiar discounts on the Xbox One. Its also part of a 50% off bundle of Digital Deluxe versions of BF1 and TF2.

Back