Titanfall 2 [PS4, XO]

RESPAWN on titanfall 1 gameplay design is totally different with tf2

Tf1
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/...s_video_of_respawn_from_two_years_ago/d6qb611

https://out.reddit.com/t3_4ytcyw?ur...5V6AUIWpDo-KjDwTan9Ny3lKD7sj2q4oTn3ZyRJ80q4_U

• "It doesn't matter how good you are. It's not gonna be 'I kill 3 people/I kill 6 people, so I get a Titan' and the lesser skilled players don't".

• "Having the AI in the environment as 'food' to help speed up Titan build time".

• "Pilots always working towards a new Titan. It doesn't matter what you're doing, you Titan timer is always happening".

• "The regenerating shield was the last thing we figured out in Titan combat to really make it work. Before that, your Titan would get damaged to 10% health and it would be worthless. Adding the shield and letting that regen made them more viable".

• "Pilot and Titans should be equally viable (...) We did not spend 80% of our time on either Pilots or Titans and then 20% of our time on the other".

And yet they have gone against all those points they carefully balanced in TF1, with what they have shown in TF2.

Btw,
I already so accustomed with farming the shit out of titanfall 2, I almost always got a Titan in mere minutes.

But I can't summon it. Because a Titan without shield is as weak as a paper.

I need to keep waiting until the batteries spawn before I can Summon mu Titan.

Theres also a super weird mechanic where you actually WANT to be rodeoed by enemy pilot. Because they will get a battery after rodeoing you.

Just kill them, take the battery, and your Titan will be healthy again and with a shield as bonus.

So what you want to do is rodeo an enemy titan, steal the battery and then drop your titan? Is the shield just a small bonus on top of health? Or does the shield behave differently than normal health?

Played a few matches. Not feeling anything at all.
Couldn't get a titan in hardamp, and Bounty went by just like a co op bot mode.
What is the concept of amping? And the scorch can't jump or boost ?
Hope I can try it again before this test ends. Didn't feel any thrill today.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Lol. Well yea. I'm sure a lot of fans of TF1 are Nos and Maybes. But there are a lot of non vocals that probably think it's cool though. I'm not sure what will happen. Hopefully they redo a bit, I personally like the way TF1 handled but I'm not sure of their reasoning for such a large change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine most PS4 players never got a chance to play TF1, so unless they read forums and stuff, they may not have any idea of how good TF1 actually was. And even then it's not like they'd gotten to experience the gameplay of TF1 anyway so TF2 is still going to be somewhat new and novel even if it's greatly watered down from the TF1 experience.

Many PC and XBO players have and they'll be greatly disappointed, as Reddit, the official forums and random forums all attest to.

Regards,
SB

Be very interested to see how opinions vary between people who played TF1 and those who didn't. Expectations can be a horrible thing.

Be very interested to see how opinions vary between people who played TF1 and those who didn't. Expectations can be a horrible thing.
It's not just expectation. But the gameplay itself is worse in titanfall 2 because it rewards experts and punish noobs, and generally it feels like Code with robots.

It felt too close to COD.

About the shield,

The battery recover a few chunks of your Titan health and give max shield.

I don't understand this notion that pilots and Titans should be equally viable. If you going to do that they should let pilots choose two courses of action. Pick a timer for a Titan drop or a timer for an anti Titan weapon.

An anti mech weapon vs an anti infantry weapon, you choose.

I guess you never played TitanFall1 then to understand what they mean when they say Pilots and Titans are equally viable.

Well, thinking more about it, TF was also one of the new IPs where the online community died faster than it takes to call a Titan.

So, it might be a good game for a few (e.g. Us B3D crowd), but the general consensus was apparently...ultra meh.

We can't blame it on lack of content either, as e.g. Overwatch (simply the best game ever created) has even less modes and also only a handful of maps.

We need to face the truth guys: no one liked TF longterm (difficult to sell DLC) and Respawn had to do changes for TF2.

Whether the changes are good or bad is difficult to judge: as basically no on cared for TF after a couple of days, only the few hardcore fans that did have now interest in TF2. Of course they do not like the changes, as they are hardcore TF fans.

What to do Respawn to solve this dilemma? Well, the answer is simple: they should have make a restart/reinterpretation of the IP (now with SP campaign and horde mode etc etc) and don't call this game TF2 but TF One a la Dice's BF 1...

you cant really compare TF1 to Overwatch because TF1 was PC/Xbox exclusive and its a new IP from a new studio (yes its old guys from Infinite wards, but it is a new studio).

TF1 also come in the era where people still thinks "requires internet = hell".

Basically TF1 is like spongebob when he have ugly hair that everybody laughts at. AND THEN, a few years later everybody wear that hair style and Spongebob's weird hair no longer special.

Overwatch is a different style of game, and I'd say it actually has far more content than Titanfall did. Overwatch launched with 12 maps and I think 21 heroes to play. On top of that, the game is incredibly well balanced, and people have an expectation of free content after launch. You have 21 heroes to master, and they all play differently. Not to mention, Overwatch costs $40 on PC, not $60, and some reviews still said it was perhaps not enough content for the price.

Titanfall launched with 15 maps, but it only had a couple viable guns (AR, smart pistol) and three Titan classes. People did not feel it was enough for $60, and it didn't have extensive upgrades, unlocks or much to earn as you played.

Edit: Not to mention, Overwatch is built to have many recognizable moba influences, and appeal to e-sports. Two major things TItanfall did not do.

I guess you never played TitanFall1 then to understand what they mean when they say Pilots and Titans are equally viable.

I've played plenty of TF1. Enough to know that if one side managed to get a big advantage in the number of Titans deployed it could easily turn the tide of a battle.

The XBO version of this definitely looked oddly "better than 720P". I was going to comment on it, then I read DF says it's doing some reconstruction technique. It works.

Overall still not a looker and screams "oldass source engine!" but, I'm sure campaign is where any graphics will shine.

The XBO version of this definitely looked oddly "better than 720P". I was going to comment on it, then I read DF says it's doing some reconstruction technique. It works.

I noticed the same thing immediately. Seems similar to quantum break. When you stop moving jaggies disappear. When you move, they come back. I do think the overall AA scheme is better than Quantum Break though. The end result looks quite good.

Here's an ArsTechnica article on what EA will adjust/revamp: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...-heres-what-ea-is-changing-about-titanfall-2/

I hadn't read through either of them, but at least they've heard the initial impressions enough to think that they' have to address the gamers' feedback publicly.

Well, it's both a good sign and a "hahahahaha" sign.

Some of the changes discussed above will already be implemented by the time the second phase of the tech test rolls out this weekend, DeRose said. Others won't be available until the game launches later this year.

So, the players will get to test some of the changes to see if it makes it more like TF1. But you'll have to trust them to get everything right in the final game since you won't be able to test that without buying the game. After botching things so badly in this first public test, the onus is on them to prove they can get it right.

Hopefully people are smarter now-a-days and won't pre-order it.

Regards,
SB

Yeah. I'm definitely not pre-ordering TF2. I've warned coworkers too. I'll likely give it a couple months to settle down and see how it fares.

It was so easy for them to get things right in TF2. I didn't think they could have screwed things up so badly. I was even searching for EA Access discount codes to get 12 months around $25 then preorder the TF2 w/ Season Pass with the 10% discount or so. That would have been an extra $17 EA got from me on top of just the TF2 sale. Then I played the TF2 Beta. I stopped searching for EA Access discount codes. Now they get $0.00 from me.

Back