Thread Deletion

pelly

Newcomer
Today, I posted a thread mentioning the fact that the first review of Alienware's SLI notebook (Aurora m9700) was posted....I didn't give a URL or even say which website had it posted. Since Hot Hardware had a 1 day exclusive, I knew the net would be full of ntoebook SLI reviews within 24hrs....

For some reason, an admin deleted the thread....I don't understand why it was deleted...especially since other threads not only reference other articles/reviews but even provide the URL...

Example: http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31055

I'm not trying to break rules or anything....I'm just trying to let people know that a cool new technology has reviewed and is something I think they'd find interesting....

Furthermore, I wasn't given any notice...no email....no PM telling me what rule was broken...

What's the issue here???

Sean Pelletier
Editor
Hot Hardware
pelly@hothardware.com

Hey Dave...

I disagree about it not being "new" technology....Granted, the chipset is the same we've seen in desktops...However, it's certainly a whole different ball game when you have the space and thermal constraints of a notebook. In addition to being one of the first review of an SLI notebook itself, this was definitely the first time an SLI notebook was taken apart and the inner-workings photographed. If nothing else, I think people here would find that interesting.

In terms of spamming, I specifically did not post a link or even call out the fact that the review was at Hot Hardware. Rather, I said it was online and left those who were interested enough to hunt down the location.

I apologize if I did anything wrong here as it was not my intention...I'm an enthusiast first...editor second.....I just thought people would find this interesting and that was my motivation for posting the thread.

Have a good one...

-Sean

Back