Thinking of trading in the 350Z...

radeonic2 said:
Then you are an inbred so what's the problem?

that's arkansas... and I'm actually so damned mixed genetically that it's a wonder I didn't come out with purple skin, yellow eyes, and green hair

Sxotty said:
Actually I agree the new one is not better, the older GTS looks much nicer.

Sage man you have to learn to drive a manual if you want to be a car enthusiast ;) Otherwise your viewpoint will be relegated to the status of a soccer mom.

I just don't like them... now, if it has an SMG then yes I can drive it...

Sage said:
that's arkansas... and I'm actually so damned mixed genetically that it's a wonder I didn't come out with purple skin, yellow eyes, and green hair
Sure buddy.
If you can't drive a proper manual then you have no business talking bad about a viper.

radeonic2 said:
Sure buddy.
If you can't drive a proper manual then you have no business talking bad about a viper.

hey, I still have a right to think that it's the ugliest thing in the world. looks count too, you know- must have both style and performance.

Sage said:
hey, I still have a right to think that it's the ugliest thing in the world. looks count too, you know- must have both style and performance.
Looks are in the eye of the beholder and atleast the front end looks hot.
And if you knew anything about fast cars you would know that aerodynamics have a huge say in how the car will be shaped.
You may have a design that you and your buddies thinks awesome but in a car that's designed to go on a track where speeds may go in excess of 150, I doubt you'd make a shape that would work well.
The srt viper coupe was tuned for more downsfore and less lift vs the vert so the top speed is about the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
radeonic2 said:
Looks are in the eye of the beholder and atleast the front end looks hot.
well, I think it's horrendous.

And if you knew anything about fast cars you would know that aerodynamics have a huge say in how the car will be shaped.
You may have a design that you and your buddies thinks awesome but in a car that's designed to go on a track where speeds may go in excess of 150, I doubt you'd make a shape that would work well.
The srt viper coupe was tuned for more downsfore and less lift vs the vert so the top speed is about the same.

yes i know aerodynamics play a major part. and, i certainly wouldn't expect that I could design a shape that works well. I never claimed to. It's still fucking ugly, i'd rather have an el camino than a viper. Just because it has to have good aerodynamics doesn't mean it has to look like it's the result of a lot of inbreeding. Take the Porsche 996 GT2. I could masturbate to the poster of one I have on my wall... AND it performs better (AND has less than HALF the displacement)

viper may perform terrifically, and it's certainly a damn good deal for the money (even though a C55 with Kleeman treatment is faster) but I personally hate them because I cannot stand ther look. I just cannot explain to you how much they disgust me. If I had a child that looked like that I would give it up for adoption because I wouldn't be able to handle all of the psychological problems it would face growing up, looking like it belonged under a rock.

The engine in STR10 is derived from a truck engine, so it's pretty heavy. For that, it drives phantastic. The car somehow reminds me a bit of this beauty:

Miura_wp0_1024.jpg

MiuraSV14.jpg

Of course, the Miura is on a wholly another level.

RussSchultz said:
Meh. My subaru probably is faster, quicker, quieter, and gets better gas mileage. :p

what kind of subaru?

Miura said:
Top speed: 168 mph (7,375 rpm)
0 - 60 mph: 5.5 seconds
0 - 100 mph: 12.3 seconds
Standing 1/4 mile acceleration: 13.9 seconds
Fuel consumption: 13.9 mpg

Sage said:
well, I think it's horrendous.

yes i know aerodynamics play a major part. and, i certainly wouldn't expect that I could design a shape that works well. I never claimed to. It's still fucking ugly, i'd rather have an el camino than a viper. Just because it has to have good aerodynamics doesn't mean it has to look like it's the result of a lot of inbreeding. Take the Porsche 996 GT2. I could masturbate to the poster of one I have on my wall... AND it performs better (AND has less than HALF the displacement)

viper may perform terrifically, and it's certainly a damn good deal for the money (even though a C55 with Kleeman treatment is faster) but I personally hate them because I cannot stand ther look. I just cannot explain to you how much they disgust me. If I had a child that looked like that I would give it up for adoption because I wouldn't be able to handle all of the psychological problems it would face growing up, looking like it belonged under a rock.
A Porsche 996GT2 is also more expensive :rolleyes:
As for having half the displacement, you're an idiot.
It's turbocharged you bum(ya know.. where you use exhaust gasses to spin a turbine to force more air into the engine?) and and it's down about 50HP on the viper and doesn't have the low end torque throttle responce of a n/a engine- turbo lag.. has to start spinning the turbos before it's making impressive power.
iI do like porches though, but making more power with half the displacement because of a turbo is nothing new or exciting.
Hmm.
Not only do you think you know a lot about computers, you also think you know a lot about cars.
It's a real pity your level of knowledge in both subjects is average at best.
If you really knew about engine design you would know that HP per liter is nothing but a ricer stat.
BSFC (brake specific fuel consumption) is a much more relevant stat that tells you how many lbs of fuel a car uses per hour to make it's HP.
It tells ya efficient an engine is at burning it's fuel.
HP per liter doesn't tell anything except that you have a big cam and head(s) to be able to make that amount of power per liter.
Honda makes engines that make well over 100HP per liter.
Does that mean their 240HP 2.0/2.2 liter engines are better than an LS7 (the 505HP engine in the the current corvette z06)?
No.
It just means they rev the living piss out the engine!
A 350Z (woot dig!) makes more torque off idle than a S2000 makes period!
What does that mean to you?
In order to go fast in a S2000 you have to drive like a maniac.. shifting near redline.. while teh dig can shift like a sane person and still go fast, he just goes faster near the redline.
The VQ35DE is a very impressive engine.
It's a ricer stat.
BSFC is a true car man's stat.
The funny thing about pushrods engine like the LS7 is that they're cheaper to build while making more HP than "more advanced" DOHC v8s
Let's take the ferrari 430 for example.
It has a 4.3 liter v8 making 490HP.
Which engine do you think it cheaper to make?
The pushrod LS7 that makes a very conservative 505HP, or the ferrari 4 valve V8 making 490HP(at 8500 rpm).
You might be interested to know that you can get 100 hp per liter out of a viper engine n/a, but it wouldn't be as reliable or have the torque curve of a turboed engine.. and they're making over 1500 WHP to that end now with twin turbos.
http://www.svspower.com/

Sage said:
boxer engine!? Now there's something I did not know...
Are you shitting us?

radeonic2 said:
A Porsche 996GT2 is also more expensive :rolleyes:
you're right, it costs about 2x-3x as much to style a car that both looks good and handles well... :rolleyes:

and, if you want to look at a car similarly priced, that's why i brought up the Kleeman C55

As for having half the displacement, you're an idiot.
It's turbocharged you bum(ya know.. where you use exhaust gasses to spin a turbine to force more air into the engine?) and and it's down about 50HP on the viper and doesn't have the low end torque throttle responce of a n/a engine- turbo lag.. has to start spinning the turbos before it's making impressive power.

yes but it's still faster...

iI do like porches though, but making more power with half the displacement because of a turbo is nothing new or exciting.
you're right, it's not, but neither is making more power with larger displacement...

If you really knew about engine design you would know that HP per liter is nothing but a ricer stat.
BSFC (brake specific fuel consumption) is a much more relevant stat that tells you how many lbs of fuel a car uses per hour to make it's HP.
It tells ya efficient an engine is at burning it's fuel.
HP per liter doesn't tell anything except that you have a big cam and head(s) to be able to make that amount of power per liter.
Honda makes engines that make well over 100HP per liter.
Does that mean their 240HP 2.0/2.2 liter engines are better than an LS7 (the 505HP engine in the the current corvette z06)?
No.
It just means they rev the living piss out the engine!
A 350Z (woot dig!) makes more torque off idle than a S2000 makes period!
What does that mean to you?
In order to go fast in a S2000 you have to drive like a maniac.. shifting near redline.. while teh dig can shift like a sane person and still go fast, he just goes faster near the redline.
The VQ35DE is a very impressive engine.
It's a ricer stat.
BSFC is a true car man's stat.
The funny thing about pushrods engine like the LS7 is that they're cheaper to build while making more HP than "more advanced" DOHC v8s
Let's take the ferrari 430 for example.
It has a 4.3 liter v8 making 490HP.
Which engine do you think it cheaper to make?
The pushrod LS7 that makes a very conservative 505HP, or the ferrari 4 valve V8 making 490HP(at 8500 rpm).
You might be interested to know that you can get 100 hp per liter out of a viper engine n/a, but it wouldn't be as reliable or have the torque curve of a turboed engine.. and they're making over 1500 WHP to that end now with twin turbos.
http://www.svspower.com/

bla-blubla-blubla-bla-bla. You keep thinking I'm saying things that I'm not. When did I ever bring up hp-per-litre? Hell, when did I bring up HP at all? I bet you didn't do too well on tests where you were given information and were told to come to a logical conclusion based on that information but they purposely give you information that will lead you to an answer you know to be wrong in real life but it is, in fact, the correst answer because you're supposed to deal with only the information presentd to you and not what you assume based on past experience. I bet you would be the first person to ever get every single question wrong on the LSAT.

Are you shitting us?
well now that I think of it I do remember that the Imprezza has a boxer engine but I didn't even know what a "legacy" was. and, I'd forgotten that Subaru used boxer engines anyhow. because I really don't give a flying rat's-ass about subaru except in passing (and flying rat-asses tend to pass very quickly, being that they are flying...;) )

Sage said:
you're right, it costs about 2x-3x as much to style a car that both looks good and handles well... :rolleyes:

and, if you want to look at a car similarly priced, that's why i brought up the Kleeman C55

yes but it's still faster...

you're right, it's not, but neither is making more power with larger displacement...

bla-blubla-blubla-bla-bla. You keep thinking I'm saying things that I'm not. When did I ever bring up hp-per-litre? Hell, when did I bring up HP at all? I bet you didn't do too well on tests where you were given information and were told to come to a logical conclusion based on that information but they purposely give you information that will lead you to an answer you know to be wrong in real life but it is, in fact, the correst answer because you're supposed to deal with only the information presentd to you and not what you assume based on past experience. I bet you would be the first person to ever get every single question wrong on the LSAT.

well now that I think of it I do remember that the Imprezza has a boxer engine but I didn't even know what a "legacy" was. and, I'd forgotten that Subaru used boxer engines anyhow. because I really don't give a flying rat's-ass about subaru except in passing (and flying rat-asses tend to pass very quickly, being that they are flying...;) )
A viper srt-10 makes 505 HP, the old ones (8 liter vs the current 8.3 liter) made 450, where they really be conserative is with the torque:D
You said it peforms better with less displacement, that's not true. While a porsche may do be better on certain parts of a track (tight ones likely), vipers are excellent road racers.
A viper handles quite well for a 3400 beast, in fact it out handles the new corvette z06, but can't keep up on the straights.
You assume I took the sats:D
If you must know how I do on tests, in the field of automatove where I'm studying, I'm always in the top 5 and I do well on trick questions so ya...
But of course diagnosing and repairing cars is monkey's job right?

radeonic2 said:
A viper srt-10 makes 505 HP, the old ones (8 liter vs the current 8.3 liter) made 450, where they really be conserative is with the torque:D
You said it peforms better with less displacement, that's not true. While a porsche may do be better on certain parts of a track (tight ones likely), vipers are excellent road racers.

dodge.com said:
0-60 mph in less than 4 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the low 12-second range
motortrend.com said:
Acceleration, sec, 0-30 mph: 1.62
0-40 mph: 2.44
0-50 mph: 3.07
0-60 mph: 3.77
0-70 mph: 4.97
0-90 mph: 7.15
0-100 mph: 8.91
1/4 mile, sec/mph: 12.09/119.9
0-100-0 mph, sec: 13.28
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft: 107

you're right, viper definitely faster on a drag strip

You assume I took the sats:D

I'm talking about any sort of test designed to test logic and reasoning abilities. Not just the SAT. I never even mentioned the SAT.

If you must know how I do on tests, in the field of automatove where I'm studying, I'm always in the top 5 and I do well on trick questions so ya...

thats nice. I'm not talking about trick questions. I'm talking about your ability to limit yourself to the data presented to you. In both of these discussions you have been constantly making assumptions about what I'm saying. And you have been consistently incorrect.[/quote]

But of course diagnosing and repairing cars is monkey's job right?

definitely not. of course, monkeys can be trained to do certain menial tasks of which many are involved in working on cars. But, a car is just like a computer- designed by humans, created by imperfection. You have to understand how a machine works to be able to fix it. Some of the smartest people I know are mechanics- we have a family friend who can almost always correctly diagnose any car issue over the phone. He should be on Klick and Klack.

Sage said:
you're right, viper definitely faster on a drag strip
The new vert does a 1/4 mile closer to an 11.9, but got some odd reason the new coupe does it in 12.1, not sure what happened there.
Motortrend also got the vert to stop from 60 in under 100 feet, actually set a record:D
In the handling measurements they do, which are a joke, like slamom and road holding a viper also does well.
Vipers do handle well, it's just once you exceed the huge limits it has, you're fucked.
Like if you get a litty happy with the gas pedal you're fucked usally.
It's too bad the new viper coupe has been tamed.

I'm talking about any sort of test designed to test logic and reasoning abilities. Not just the SAT. I never even mentioned the SAT.
LSAT??

thats nice. I'm not talking about trick questions. I'm talking about your ability to limit yourself to the data presented to you. In both of these discussions you have been constantly making assumptions about what I'm saying. And you have been consistently incorrect.
What do you think the tests I was taking do?
If you read to far into the question you'll get alot of them wrong.. because you have to limit your self to just what the question says like you said;)

definitely not. of course, monkeys can be trained to do certain menial tasks of which many are involved in working on cars. But, a car is just like a computer- designed by humans, created by imperfection. You have to understand how a machine works to be able to fix it. Some of the smartest people I know are mechanics- we have a family friend who can almost always correctly diagnose any car issue over the phone. He should be on Klick and Klack.
One of the greatest things about owning a car that was designed before WW2 (my dad got me a bug, which perhaps to his dismay I will sell as soon as I fix it) is that humans not only designed it, but put it together.
Which that in mind, you have to know that somebody put every part of your car together, so there's no reason you can't.
Ya just gotta know how.
Alot of new car (particaully FWD) are a pain in the ass to work on with extremly tight working spaces.
The only problem with bugs is changing the spark plugs because you've got a fan shroud there.. being aircooled, and they're easier to change than say f-bodies, where ya gotta like remove the engine or something stupid to change the plugs.
But luckily todays cars have excellent computers which can do amazing things.
Like if you have a misfire, it knows which cylinder is it.
Thats amazing imo.
They're able to figure it about with the crank sensor- they see a slighty rpm drop on the crank and they know what position the crank is at so it knows which cylinder is down.

Back