The summer of love 2010

liolio

Aquoiboniste
Legend
Ok I decide to create a "summer of love" instead as a summer of arcade because basically quiet some PSN/XBLA games will ship this summer and I guess it will more convenient to have a unique topic for every one :)

I'll update the thread on the fly :)

Deathspank: PSN / XBLA
Looks like a diablo like game that I'll pretty much enjoy here a vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQrcXzMao0

Shank: PSN / XBLA
Looks like a great old school side scroller :)

Limbo: XBLA
Stylish side scroller.

Hydrophobia
: XBLA / PSN?

Lara Croft & The Guardian Of Light: XBLA / PSN
Lara with a co-op twist
nothing sexual tho... :LOL:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair: XBLA / PSN?
Old school Castlevania.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane: XBLA
Dreamcast goodness.

Monday Night Combat: XBLA
???

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sad that Limbo wasn't the winner. Water tech or not, Hydrophobia looks still more or less like a regular action game/tps. Limbo on the other hand looks totally unique, not to mention the art is simply stunning. Just looking at it sends chills down my spine. That's something horror games haven't succeeded at doing since Silent Hill 2.

Monkey Island 2 HD Remake is coming 7 July on PSN (and Live? not sure, saw it on the PS Blog)

Deathspank this week. Monkey Island meets Diablo? Sounds cool. By the guy who brought us Maniac Mansion and the Monkey Island games. Looking forward to trying the demo.

Eurogamer review up (6/10) for Deathspank.

After playing this game for around hour with the wife last night that score seems terribly unfair. Great voice acting, funny writing, decent graphics and pretty entertaining. A 6 out of ten should have serious flaws, mediocre to poor production values, etc. For a $15 title this game seems to be very good value unless it falls off the rails later into it.

My wife said it reminded her of "Toe Jam and Earl" probably because of the humour and buddy system.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing this game for around hour with the wife last night that score seems terribly unfair. Great voice acting, funny writing, decent graphics and pretty entertaining. A 6 out of ten should have serious flaws, mediocre to poor production values, etc. For a $15 title this game seems to be very good value unless it falls off the rails later into it.

My wife said it reminded her of "Toe Jam and Earl" probably because of the humour and buddy system.

Cheers

Eh, a 6/10 would be a slightly above average title, but nothing special. A 4/10 would have some issues.

Regards,
SB

What is Blacklight: Tango Down? It's at #10 on the Live Activity report. That's very high!

1st person shooter by Zombie Studios...

http://www.playtangodown.com/

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...258410a5b?cid=majornelson&partner=majornelson

They did Shadow Ops: Red Mercury and I really enjoyed it on the original Xbox. This looks like a spiritual successor using Unreal Engine 3. Unfortunately it looks like it's getting a 66 on Metacritic. Guess I'll download the demo and see how it is.

Tommy McClain

was it fun as the side kick? :p

It's about even regardless of who you play. If you play as the sidekick, you have access to the spear as a base weapon (you can still use the rifle and other weapons found during play). If you choose single-player, then Lara has access to the spear as it is necessary to traverse certain areas.

Back