The once mighty Abit, will be no more

Tragically I've never even seen one AFAIK. Somebody I know must have had one but I just don't remember checking one out.
They're pretty easy to pick up these days if you care to try! I still have mine and it works perfectly, and it runs two 366As at 550MHz (common combo it seems!) with 512MiB.

I moved from that to the VP6 (Via dual-socket S370) with P3 733s @ 1GHz+, 1GiB and RAID0 40GB Deskstars (they never failed!). Original Radeon too, which was simply horrible under Win2K, but I still loved it.

Man, those were the days, seriously good times to be had on the net with the community back then. Anandtech was just getting started......I fire them up from time to time for the nostalgia kick, and they run Debian now.

They're pretty easy to pick up these days if you care to try! I still have mine and it works perfectly, and it runs two 366As at 550MHz (common combo it seems!) with 512MiB.

I moved from that to the VP6 (Via dual-socket S370) with P3 733s @ 1GHz+, 1GiB and RAID0 40GB Deskstars (they never failed!). Original Radeon too, which was simply horrible under Win2K, but I still loved it.

Man, those were the days, seriously good times to be had on the net with the community back then. Anandtech was just getting started......I fire them up from time to time for the nostalgia kick, and they run Debian now.

I sold my BP6 system years ago, but I've been thinking of putting a new one together. With AGP, it shouldn't be too hard to build a decent system, and I'd be able to get NWN1 back to a playable framerate as a bonus!

How 'bout this for retro power?

Abit BF6 - Pentium III-S 1400MHz/133 - 768MB PC133 CL2 - Radeon 8500 64MB - SBLive!
Guild Wars
it is quite playable and isn't missing many of the effects even in the Eye of the North areas. First shot has 4X SSAA, enabled in-game (very slow, very pretty). Did you know this game works in Windows 98SE? Guild Wars always impresses me with how well it works. This is under XP though.

Back