The Official RV630/RV610 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd note that the dual-slot version and this one we're seeing now look to have the same (or very similar) PCBs, too. That's somewhat telling.
Yeah, this is why I assumed the board was below-XT spec. If it's merely a 256MB GDDR4 board, then that's much closer to the "top" than expected.

Perhaps the 512MB GDDR4 version is higher-clocked and has a dual-slot cooler. Or maybe the idea is to allow the AIBs to offer "overclocking" versions, so the PEG power socket will come into play.

Jawed

I realised just now those flames are supposed to be ice expanding across the cooler :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: guess the graphical concept needs a rethink.

Hmm, the power is down, but 80W would still require extra power, wouldn't it? Unless the person saying 80W is guesstimating from measurements at the wall or something.

Looking at the picture, there's a capacitor in the top right corner, right on top of the set of 6 holes for the PEG power connector. So, that board definitely doesn't have extra power.

I assumed this was a lower spec board when I examined it last night. If it's GDDR4, then maybe not. Is the 512MB GDDR4 version the only one requiring extra power?

Jawed

80 watt not possible without extra power connector, according the rumors all rx6xx card pci-e 2.0 competible this can be used for 150watt power, but no pci-e 2.0 motherboards released yet, and when its use more than 75watt and pci-e 2.0 compatible still need extra power connector for the old motheboards, so i think the hd2600xt 256mb gddr4 consume less than 75 watt.
When its consume close to 75watt than OC can be limited do the lack of enough power, so i think AIB's will sell the card with extra 6pin connector.

Possible 512mb version need extra psu connector when the 256mb version power usage close to 75watt, old rumors said 512mb version consume +7watt as the 256mb, but this rumors said the 121/128watt TDP too :smile:

I really hope that ATi does not stick 512mb of ram on a 128bit interface. What a waste. Just like the x1600pro 512mb. :rolleyes: I hope that dual slot cooler is a 256bit part.

Don't know if this was posted yet but looks good to me.

http://www.fx57.net/?p=581

- 3DMark 2005: 12500
- 3DMark 2006: 5600

The only problem I have with these scores is that they dont state their system spec. For all I know they could be using a quad core clocked at 3+ghz which in the end, means nothing to me.

So... 2105 in 3dmark's SM3.0 test. That doesn't indicate better performance than 8600gts. :/
Screw 3DMark, unlike 8600GTS it might actually deliver it at games!:D Look at the NFS Carbon test:
http://www.hardspell.com/english/doc/showcont.asp?news_id=414&pageid=517

51@1280X1024

G8600GTS = 33,9
X1950Pro = 45,1

IMG0019671.gif

Maybe it's somehow more balanced architecture and gives more steady performance than G8600GTS? So unlike with it's nvidia counterpart that 3DMark number might actually somewhat reflect the real life prformance. We need more benchmarks!

Edit: Are there any Infernal benchies with 8600GTS? Couldn't find one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw 3DMark, unlike 8600GTS it might actually deliver it at games!:D Look at the NFS Carbon test:

51@1280X1024

G8600GTS = 33,9
X1950Pro = 45,1

IMG0019671.gif

Maybe it's somehow more balanced architecture and gives more steady performance than G8600GTS? So unlike with it's nvidia counterpart that 3DMark number might actually somewhat reflect the real life prformance. We need more benchmarks!

Let's see if this can compete with a 8800 GS.

51@1280X1024

G8600GTS = 33,9
X1950Pro = 45,1

IMG0019671.gif

That 51frame is not avarage, its jut a single frame, check the picture.

Edit: I was late again ;)

A single FRAPs number for an instantaneous frame rate like that is even worse than a single 3DMk number.

Jawed
I know, that's why I said we need mor bencies.;) However looking at that NFSC benchamrk it seems it's a game where NV parts are generally performing poorly so it prolly doesn't tell that much..

Edit: Well they are saying that the benchmark gives 51FPS so I trusted that..of course it can be BS

Edit2: Actually it's propably very much real. 8600GTS(@33,9fps) seems to perform better than 7900GTX/GS, so it would be logical that RV630(@51fps) performs better than X1950Pro. But it's a game where NV generally performs poorly, so even if real it doesn tell that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Well they are saying that the benchmark gives 51FPS so I trusted that..of course it can be BS

If you are looking that "Infernal benchmark" it says 88fps and in that screenshot fraps says 88fps too. Same thing with that NFS screen. Looks more like they just took one fps number and posted it. :p

If you are looking that "Infernal benchmark" it says 88fps and in that screenshot fraps says 88fps too. Same thing with that NFS screen. Looks more like they just took one fps number and posted it. :p
Nah, and as I said it doesn't really matter anyhow. Dunno about Infernal but in NFSC NV cards generally seem to perfom poorly. So looking at previous generation Radeons that 51fps seems realistic for RV630. But even if it's real it doesn't tell much as it is a benchmark where the Radeons generally do very well.

A single FRAPs number for an instantaneous frame rate like that is even worse than a single 3DMk number.

Jawed

Particularly when it's taken at a menu screen, rather than in-game. Performance in Need For Speed: Carbon with motion blur turned on is always lower by quite a large degree compared to performance while rendering the game's menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back