The Official IGP Rumours & Speculation Thread

Yeah, this puzzled me a bit. Somehow I wasn't expecting commercial products on the 790 line until Q4. So I don't quite know what to make of this report. Is this typical lead time for such things, or should we be moving up our expectations on the timeline?

It depends on what AMD means for whole family of products... Maybe it means whole! :LOL:

It depends on what AMD means for whole family of products... Maybe it means whole! :LOL:

Well, they just introduced a new IGP (which is the topic of this thread). Introducing another new one this quick would be nearly unheard of. But maybe they'll be splitting the line up with the non-IGP first and the IGP later. But that's just one possible explanation, and I don't offer it as the actual answer.

If AMD wants to show Barcelona with an AMD chipset instead of an NVidia one, then isn't 790 the man for the job?

I'm not paying a huge amount of attention to be honest, so I'm not sure if 790 is what I think it is.

Jawed

If AMD wants to show Barcelona with an AMD chipset instead of an NVidia one, then isn't 790 the man for the job?

I'm not paying a huge amount of attention to be honest, so I'm not sure if 790 is what I think it is.

Jawed

That's what i wrote about here too.

A trio of AMD products would most certainly be a positive public sign about the company's health and innovation, especially to hesitant investors.

During the second half, we concluded a number of new licensing and support agreements worth over $15m. Whilst a proportion of this business has been recognized as revenue in the financial year to 31 March 2007, a significant part has contributed to a healthy order backlog carried forward to the current financial year. Among these were a number of significant agreements including Intel with two agreements in H2, Sharp and a new partner, Future Waves. These agreements, combined with deals concluded during the first half with Texas Instruments, Intel, Renesas, Freescale, Centrality, Frontier Silicon and Mavrix, have resulted in the strong progress in licensing activity for the full year. These agreements were across all our key areas of technology including graphics, video, mobile TV and digital radio/audio.

http://www.imgtec.com/News/Release/index.asp?ID=671

:confused:

Back