Beyond3D's CeBit Coverage: Official Thread

Arun

Unknown.
Legend
Rys is out there on the front, shouting everywhere he goes that he loves CeBit. Well, maybe not, but he's still there for your reporting pleasure, so enjoy! This thread is the official comments/feedback thread for all of our coverage.

The following list will be updated over time with minimal delay, although it might be slightly delayed compared to the front page, so visiting that one can't hurt either!

Latest Scoops
- AMD's RV610 and RV630 are ~82 and ~153mm² respectively, both on 65nm.
- The NVIDIA G86 die size is roughly 11.5x10mm on 80nm, which means it's slightly smaller than the original G73, which measured 125mm2, but with a pretty big difference: this chip is going to retail for much less. NVIDIA is probably going to benefit from lower wafer prices at TSMC for 80/90nm, however.
- SiS is expecting their Mirage 4 IGP to be released in Q3 2007 or perhaps Q4 depending on how things go, and they've currently got post-simulation work running on FPGAs.
- The MCP73 IGP pictures make it look like a ~135mm2 single-chip IGP, which is pretty big even for that level of integration.
- MSI G84-400/G84-300 in late April (8600GTS/GT), G86-300 in early May (8500GT).

Day Three
CeBIT 2007 - 64 inches and 8.84 megapixels of win
CeBIT 2007 - Samsung display LED backlit 30 incher
CeBIT 2007 - Intel 940G doing something sexy
CeBIT 2007 - Low-profile HDMI 7600 GT
CeBIT 2007 - Axle3D? Yeah, we had no idea either
CeBIT 2007 - Fastest 7900 GS ever here at CeBIT
CeBIT 2007 - Galaxy unveil PCIe 1x GeForce 7300 GT

Day Two
CeBIT 2007 - IGP? MGPU? WTF? MCP68!
CeBIT 2007 - XG Station external graphics nearly done
CeBIT 2007 - DDR3 mainboard spotted running
CeBIT 2007 - ASUS drive bay VGA overclocker
CeBIT 2007 - ATI RV630 is here too
CeBIT 2007 - ATI RV610 turns up naked

Day One
CeBIT 2007 - GeCube show finished RV560 Gemini, RV630 version coming
CeBIT 2007 - GeForce 8500 low-profile at MSI. Maybe.
CeBIT 2007 - AMD reveal RV6xx is a sound card too
CeBIT 2007 - G86 die size revealed by accurate stickering?
CeBIT 2007 - SiS talk up D3D10 plans with Mirage 4

Day Zero
CeBIT 2007 - MSI show new 8-series GeForce
CeBIT 2007 - Intel P35 to support AMD Crossfire
CeBIT 2007 - More MCP73 from MSI
CeBIT 2007 - NVIDIA G84 and G86 Roadmaps
CeBIT 2007 - Foxconn DDR3-based P35
CeBIT 2007 - ECS do new NVIDIA IGP too
CeBIT 2007 - Gigabyte passive 7600 GS with HDMI
CeBIT 2007 - Mobile 8-series GeForce MXM modules
CeBIT 2007 - ECS show off Intel G33 mainboard
CeBIT 2007 - Foxconn MCP73 mainboard

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, glad to see he's taking it easy. . .a mere 10 items before the show even starts. :LOL:

Uttar, I think we now know why AMD management has stressed that they will offer a competitive package of features & performance with R6xx cards. They know that it will be tough to dominate in a speed/performance battle with NV, so they will be focused on marketing some good features that their cards have.

What are your thoughts about the integrated HD audio on [at least some of] the R6xx cards?

Rys said:
There's also a cheeky R600 floating around CeBIT, we've discovered, so we'll endeavour to snap some up-close pics if we can. Fingered crossed.
f_shhh.gif

Good luck Rys!

Just to get clarification...

GeCube has a crossfire on a single slot card with a single slot cooler? Even if it's the midrange RV560, that's mighty impressive.

That would imply that I could run Quad Crossfire in my Shuttle case. :) Although I think I'll stick with just a single high end R600 or G80/81.

Regards,
SB

They know that it will be tough to dominate in a speed/performance battle with NV, so they will be focused on marketing some good features that their cards have.
Maybe, yes. I think it's a big more complicated than that, though.
What are your thoughts about the integrated HD audio on [at least some of] the R6xx cards?
It's a good technical choice, and probably doesn't make the chip much bigger at all; the cost of the HDMI sound controller is lower than that of a traditional one afaik. And otherwise, to get that functionality, you need a more expensive Realtek chip. So it makes sense - although I'm not sure how much difference it'll really make, that's up to the OEMs to judge.
GeCube has a crossfire on a single slot card with a single slot cooler? Even if it's the midrange RV560, that's mighty impressive.
Yup... :) It looks like a pretty good fan design, I wonder how cool it runs - I'd assume nicely so, but who knows.

With a non-integrated HDMI audio solution, such as the realtek, is protected path audio even possible?

If you're watching HD movies, without audio over protected path audio over HDMI, you'd either be limited to analog or have to use one of the 'lesser' compressed audio streams in pass-through mode, right?

How are these companies counting pixel processors if that dual RV560 is listed as having only 24 at 575MHz? Isn't that just one of the little guys? They managed to get the memory right, 256MBx2....

Nice reporting, Rys. I appreciate the summary, Arun.

And while I appreciate the (cheeky, even!) pics, I tend to read B3D for the articles, so see if you can get AMD to speed things up. ;)

Just a quick bump to let you guys know the latest (and last!) news pieces for CeBit are up. Rys is now either on his plane back or, alternatively, already back. Anyhow, enjoy... :)

Just a quick bump to let you guys know the latest (and last!) news pieces for CeBit are up. Rys is now either on his plane back or, alternatively, already back. Anyhow, enjoy... :)
I'm sat in Munich airport (it's awesome, I'd recommend flying to Munich just to check it out) actually, waiting for my connecting flight back to the UK. Hope everyone enjoyed the coverage more than I enjoyed the show :LOL:

Back