The LittleBigPlanet pre-release Saga

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important aspect for that would be closeups, which aren't easily achievable in a multiplayer setup. I'm sure some people with suitable capture equipment will create some stellar movies, but I'd love a 'handicam' mode where the camera is motion-controlled with zoom and adjustable autofocus speed!

The most important aspect for that would be closeups, which aren't easily achievable in a multiplayer setup. I'm sure some people with suitable capture equipment will create some stellar movies, but I'd love a 'handicam' mode where the camera is motion-controlled with zoom and adjustable autofocus speed!

I wonder if MM has already worked out tech to 'record' a playthrough. Probably. This might be some of the DLC they have planned for the months to come.

I wonder if MM has already worked out tech to 'record' a playthrough. Probably. This might be some of the DLC they have planned for the months to come.

I expect "replay" mode along with local video "conversion" and youtube to be there from day one. They already have undo support and online coop (play and edit) which means most of the tech required is ready.

What I'm wondering (unrelatedly), is whether creators can set prerequisites for levels, to enable more continues, episodic user created content.

What I'm wondering (unrelatedly), is whether creators can set prerequisites for levels, to enable more continues, episodic user created content.
Yes. You can have a code or prize at the end of one level required as a key to access another.

Putting your face on a blank-face costume was nice, but I guess you will lose all the faces that the sackboy can make.Why not support images from the HDD? If I have a good quality image, Ill have to take its picture to put it in, which is stupid, and lowers the quality,adds blur and noise.
and anyways, if it is to stop or curb illegal content from entering the game then anyone can take a picture of the content and put it in anyway! What's the point?

I've found the location of Media Molecule. It's right in the midsts of town! Not at all where you expect a games developer to hide out. They must pop out during lunch to visit local cafe's and the like. I should plan a stalking campaign to find and interrogate a MM bigwig.
Guildford right? I thought they were near the carpark by the Odeon, but I had a quick look last time I was there and couldn't find it. I know that Criterion are near the bottom of the high street on the river.

Guildford right? I thought they were near the carpark by the Odeon, but I had a quick look last time I was there and couldn't find it. I know that Criterion are near the bottom of the high street on the river.
They're above a bathroom shop, so you may well have missed them. I only have the postcode so don't know if they're behind or in-front of the cinema.

Everything is made of objects, which can be built onto other objects, so starting gates, end gates, everything, should be able to be made moving. Makes you wonder though, if a spawn-point is on a big moving platform, can you use it to jump people ahead and right back? Could be used to make some great secret areas if so.

Yes. You can have a code or prize at the end of one level required as a key to access another.
Good to now but I'd think game natively supporting "level relations" would be even better.

Anyway, in sackzilla trailer I noticed coloring of different "body parts" are done separately. No grouping in the editing tool??

Good to now but I'd think game natively supporting "level relations" would be even better.
Yeah, I think you can basically link direct to another level, though I don't know how that'd work. Is it downloaded, or highlighted in the downlaod section, or what?

Anyway, in sackzilla trailer I noticed coloring of different "body parts" are done separately. No grouping in the editing tool??
For materials I don't think it's really needed. Moving an object, sure. Clicking objects for material, especially when you may want to mix it up a bit, isn't a huge chore though.

Their region locks are actually the least tight of all platforms, aren't they? This is a silly limitation, for sure, and a daft excuse. Just copy the data over to the servers!

I wonder if there'll be a workaround? We know levels can be created locally, on USB device I think. Can we email them? Could we send them to international connections to host them on our behalf?

A friend has just pointed out regional content. I can see the US creating US content for US players to download and use in their own levels, but don't want that content spreading. Perhaps because of licensing, such as having different musics for different territories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their region locks are actually the least tight of all platforms, aren't they? This is a silly limitation, for sure, and a daft excuse. Just copy the data over to the servers!

I wonder if there'll be a workaround? We know levels can be created locally, on USB device I think. Can we email them? Could we send them to international connections to host them on our behalf?

A friend has just pointed out regional content. I can see the US creating US content for US players to download and use in their own levels, but don't want that content spreading. Perhaps because of licensing, such as having different musics for different territories.

I don't know. More and more, I feel that SCEI's regions just aren't talking to each other properly. Because it's often like they're not even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back