The hugely scientific console reliability poll

How reliable is your hardware

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apart from what looks like glue holding the cpu and gpu down.

IIRC that's on the Elite - not the current models.

My 2p - I don't even think the glue will fix the problem - rather lenghten the life-span to surpass the warranty sufficiently that 'you' cannot complain!

I think anyone suggesting the X360 is not 'unreliable' is simply blinkered, the facts (or is that stats!?) speak volumes...I know barely anyone who has a X360 and hasn't had a problem...in fact the story earlier (trying to rub it in) is probably the last of a dying breed.

In fact I know a few who have had many consoles, and these are not uneducated folk! They know about the issues, and let the machine have space to keep a good air-flow (etc)...I myself am on my 2nd machine, but what when this dies? I feel I have a ticking time-bomb on my hands...and an expensive one at that!

Conversely both my Wii & PS3 have been fine (touch wood!) - FWIW I just think MS were so keen to launch first they launched with a 'half-baked' console that clearly needed more testing.

wow, i've never actually looked at the 360's power brick; its nearly 1/3 of the actual 360 itself. the ps3 is a little larger than the 360, but factor in the power brick and it may even be larger.

Im pretty sure, if i remember right from some pictures awhile back, about half of it is padding and/or completely hollow to allow for airflow. The shell is indeed pretty large but dont make the mistake of assuming the things packed with circuitry.

Back