The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be due a full on blow out sooner rather than later? If the game is as big as Kaz says, then surely Sony can release some new info/media and STILL have us all complain that we still haven`t seen enough!

The one thing I don't understand is why (assuming it's the case) Japan will get the game earlier. Global release dates are more than possible in this day and age.

Actually, it's not just the one thing I don't understand. The other is... if the game was effectively 'finished' and could be released as of July last year, why are we looking at a 2010 year end release date?

I have no idea what's going on, but looking at how things pan out, it looks like marketing only comes in at the last stage. Then they "package" the game (request for changes) before releasing it.

It seems that they only got involved some time near the first Japanese GT site leak. I could be wrong though.

Well if it is purely for marketing (to maximise sales) at the very least we can expect even more spit and polish from Kaz (he may well be happy that he can perfect that little bit more)....When the game lands i think its literally going to have to wipe the floor with everything else to justify the prolonged development.

A fall Western launch could be because of several different reasons or combinations of them.

GT5P also got an earlier Japan release and the Western release version was indeed more feature complete. Could be that the Japanes version is released during their spring holiday without full NASCAR and WRC features, while these features will be completed during the summer. That stuff could be made available as later DLC for Japan. Japan doesn´t have that many big titles during Spring, while Europe and NA has FFXIII and GOWIII.

Releasing GT5 around the same dates in the fall as FM3 and NFS was released this year makes a lot of sense if you want to maximise exposure and sales for the holiday season.

If the 3D support is as good as the reports indicate, releasíng a version with complete 3D support may also help sell a good amount of 3D capable TVs. Judging from the setup of many racing fans, there may be quite a few that will be willing to shell out the money to push the experience another step forward.

To bad it will not be released this spring, but I rather have it released in the fall than during the summer as I try to keep gaming to a minimum in the summer time and I rather have an extremely polished version once I get it. :)

Since it supports head tracking, they may also align it with Arc launch.

Launching with 3D (and head-tracking support, but that's a comparatively minor thing, though could greatly enhance the 3D) is really the only valid reason I can find for postponing the game this much. If not, then I think I'll probably never be able to forgive them.

Yes, it helps to boost the image and value of Arc. :) The marketing dollars of GT5 can also help to reach more people.

Launching GT5 first, and then patch with Arc compatibility is not so big a news, and will have less effect.

That's my guess anyway.

Replace Arc with 3D, and we agree. I think that 3D right now is bigger for Sony than the Arc, and since its timing 3D against big events like the Soccer championships this summer, which it is broadcasting in 3D, and that involves various divisions. Arc, no matter how much I love it, is a smaller project, that can ride on the 3D project much better than 3D could ride on the Arc (not to say that isn't possible, but it's clear that 3D has a much larger scope)

:LOL: Since you're an avid GT5 racer while I'm just tagging along, I think you win. I can't decide whether head tracking or 3D works better for me in GT5.

EDIT: Given the delay, [strike]do you think they will[/strike] why don't they pack in videos of car show girls and race queens inside ? :devilish:

:LOL: Since you're an avid GT5 racer while I'm just tagging along, I think you win. I can't decide whether head tracking or 3D works better for me in GT5.

EDIT: Given the delay, [strike]do you think they will[/strike] why don't they pack in videos of car show girls and race queens inside ? :devilish:
Since I'd like to be able to play for hours without getting a migraine, and I have a natural tendency to move my head around while I play games in first person, head tracking will work better for me. And if you check out head tracking demos from Johnny Chung Lee or Torbin Sko, you'll see you get the effects of 3D on a 2D screen, without having to fool and wreck your brain.

Am I the only one who thinks the late winter/early spring release is typical marketing? i.e. the game wasn't going to be ready for Holiday 2009, but calling for an "early Spring" date keeps it in mind and marketable. Winter/Spring/Summer or slow so the 9 month "slide" is forgivable.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back