"The Gathering 2"

ben6

Regular
Heh I love the Jedi quote :)

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/view.asp?page=gathering2

NVIDIA, Microsoft & AMD:

The Gathering 2

"Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to suffering."

Direct3D is the path of the Jedi… Direct3D leads to satisfaction… satisfaction leads to joy… joy leads to fully-featured, highly-optimised and successful games.

For years now the Jedi Knights of NVIDIA's Developer Relations Group and Microsoft’s DirectX team have been working to reveal the innate beauty of Direct3D to all 3D games programmers. It’s time to step aside from fear, to rid yourselves of anger and to turn away from hate and suffering.

Come to ‘The Gathering 2’, at the Hilton Metropole hotel in Paddington, London on June 13th and 14th and we’ll train you in the secrets of effective DirectX 9 programming. From basic light-sabre fighting techniques to advanced Jedi mind-control, from the best tools in the business to the purest HAL in the world, the Gathering 2 is the place to be. We’ll have staff from Microsoft on hand to deal with all the intricacies of DirectX 9 and Jedi Master David Kirk (NVIDIA's chief architect) will also be there for the whole event. There’s no other event in history so packed with technical talent - so book your places now.

Two days of focused technical tutorial sessions, the opportunity to test your software reflexes on NVIDIA's latest and greatest hardware - and a chance to spend time with us, the Jedi Council - and all for the paltry sum of three hundred and thirty seven earth pounds (plus VAT).

And just one more thing… If you were worried that three hundred and thirty seven earth pounds (plus VAT) seemed like a lot, then keep in mind that the conference cost also includes a free GeForce4 Ti graphics card. There's no limit to the number of people from each company who can attend - but there's just one card per attendee.

Jesh, which side of the force is Nvidia on? The easy quick path, the dark side or the discliplined and well trained good side?? Mind control?? Hopefully a Nvidia DX9 card will be available there to demostrate, ATI has one, maybe Nvidia will use a R300 in there discussions :LOL:.

WTF? Up 'till now nvidia's marketing has been the best (best as in effective) in the industry, by a long shot. This attempt at the whole star wars theme is just plain embarrassing. Its the sort of quality you can expect from a first year marketing student.

just a small point , this is a developer's meeting , not a product launch or somesuch where marketing would come into play LOL

i think its funny...
but dit they say DirectX is the light side... does that mean OpenGL is evil? (well considering most OpenGL games are id's Shooters that cant be that wrong :LOL: )

What would be pretty funny is if, during some presentation by Microsoft concerning DX9, they turn to nVidia for a DX9 board...The guys from nVidia kinda' shrug their shoulders and put their arms in the air...and then some guy sitting in the crowd wearing an ATI shirt pulls out an R300 sample :)

Did anybody see that movie with Robert DeNiro called "Analyze This" ? I'm visualizing the guys from nVidia looking @ the guy with the R300 board, saying..."You...You...You're pretty good!"

Typedef Enum said:
What would be pretty funny is if, during some presentation by Microsoft concerning DX9, they turn to nVidia for a DX9 board...The guys from nVidia kinda' shrug their shoulders and put their arms in the air...and then some guy sitting in the crowd wearing an ATI shirt pulls out an R300 sample :)

Did anybody see that movie with Robert DeNiro called "Analyze This" ? I'm visualizing the guys from nVidia looking @ the guy with the R300 board, saying..."You...You...You're pretty good!"

ROTFLMAO :LOL:

well, when a typedef makes a pro-ati joke, thats the sure sign the world turning weird :)
(alongside with Weather Channel developing radeon 8500 linux drivers, mozilla reaching 1.0, and ozzy osbourne playing IN and brian may playing ON Buckingham palace).
Did i mention Russia joining NATO?
(ok. i picked a few from /., so kill me:)))
What's next? bush and bin laden getting a nobel peace prize?
Bitboys finally deliver?
duke nukem released?

If Bush wins to Nobel Peace Prize it would be a sure sign that stupid people run this world. Or atleast the US and the Nobel Prize committee.

Back