The Callisto Protocol [PS, XB, PC]

mXT9tDG.png

Looks like the difference between Raytracing on and off is going to be huuuge!

Looks mindblowing with RT on. Can't wait for Dictator's coverage!

Playing it on PC right now... and holy shit this game has some of the worst stuttering I've ever seen in a game.

OMFG HOW DOES THE GAME RELEASE IN THIS STATE?!!?!?!

The developers have earned all the disrespect in the world for releasing this trash.... and this hurts, because I'm a fan of Glen Schofield. God damn it.. so tired of this. I hope Alex WRECKS this POS and does the same PS5 vs PC head to head and show how pathetic the PC version is.

This is literally ripping customers off. Full stop.

I wonder if it runs flawlessly on the consoles.

I haven't decided if I feel like buying it. I will probably wait until it's discounted and all patched up. The trailers looked a bit overly inspired by Dead Space but I do enjoy the sci-fi horror thang.

Last edited:
Consoles probably the priority as usual these days. For these kinds of multiplatform games.

Though I am assuming it runs well on the consoles.
This is not a matter of priority. Priority would mean the PC version might have some small issues here and there compared to the consoles..... THIS IS OUTRIGHT NEGLIGENCE.

I've honestly NEVER seen a game stutter this badly before. Literally EVERYTHING stutters.. and it's not just a slight hitch each time either... it's full massive pauses. You simply CANNOT play the game like this and enjoy it. It is FUNDAMENTALLY broken. This does not FUNCTION as it should.

This isn't just unacceptable.. this is blatant. It's literally a fuck you to PC gamers.

ANY other business releasing products of this type of quality... would be investigated by the bureaus for purposefully releasing a faulty product. There's NO POSSIBLE WAY they don't know it performs like this too.

Yeah but that seems to kinda be the norm these multiplatform days. It's also not even slightly unusual for games to release in a very unrefined state.

Oh ok my bad I'll just remain silent then.
Maybe you can get a refund. That's what I do!

And don't preorder or buy on release day until you can read and see if it's a disaster or not. Cyberpunk man! Hell even console exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone needed a dozen patches. HZD used to crash randomly. On a friggin closed platform.

Last edited:
This is not a matter of priority. Priority would mean the PC version might have some small issues here and there compared to the consoles..... THIS IS OUTRIGHT NEGLIGENCE.

I've honestly NEVER seen a game stutter this badly before. Literally EVERYTHING stutters.. and it's not just a slight hitch each time either... it's full massive pauses. You simply CANNOT play the game like this and enjoy it. It is FUNDAMENTALLY broken. This does not FUNCTION as it should.

This isn't just unacceptable.. this is blatant. It's literally a fuck you to PC gamers.

ANY other business releasing products of this type of quality... would be investigated by the bureaus for purposefully releasing a faulty product. There's NO POSSIBLE WAY they don't know it performs like this too.
have you tried disabling Vsync and use something like smooth sync or whatever? Just in case....

Gotham Knights is also a stutter fest. In that case it could be a bit more justifiable 'cos the game runs at double the framerate on PC save those annoying hiccups, also it's a very fun game and with Freesync/VRR/Gsync it becomes less of an issue.

have you tried disabling Vsync and use something like smooth sync or whatever? Just in case....

Gotham Knights is also a stutter fest. In that case it could be a bit more justifiable 'cos the game runs at double the framerate on PC save those annoying hiccups, also it's a very fun game and with Freesync/VRR/Gsync it becomes less of an issue.

latest patch from yesterday or the day before masivelly resolved the stutters in gotham knights. Still there, but reduced like 90%

latest patch from yesterday or the day before masivelly resolved the stutters in gotham knights. Still there, but reduced like 90%
great to know! I've been playing yesterday's night and I don't recall seeing a patch for the game. Spiderman Miles Morales had one available, which I downloaded, although I didn't touch the game yet, 'cos I want to complete Gotham Knights first.

Dont be a snowflake. Just buy a Playstation. :ROFLMAO:

Did you test after reinstalling game and drivers to clear the shader cache?

No, only newer drivers, but i didnt play the game much because the stutters were so bad and omnipresent that i thought the game was not playable in that state. I then saw comments on steam and forums after the latest patch how it runs vastly better so i booted the game up again and indeed, you can play it now. The framerate is much higher too, indoors you can keep 120 fairly locked for example. It's not perfect and there are still spikes in the open world, but substantially mitigated. They actually worked towards improving this.

Ugh, i was looking forward this, but after watching review vids it seems just guts over grey and brown for the whole game?
It's not because it's desaturated, but the art side misses any sense of color, imo.

Besides visuals, Dead Space had at least an impression about an interesting mystery in its story. The relation to religion was really cool.
But seems missing here. Virus makes zombies, kill them all, done. Meh. From science fiction i expect it makes me ask some questions.

Too bad. Because i have a general problem with over the shoulder perspective, and it does not seem very interesting, i'll probably pass.

Ugh, i was looking forward this, but after watching review vids it seems just guts over grey and brown for the whole game?
It's not because it's desaturated, but the art side misses any sense of color, imo.

Besides visuals, Dead Space had at least an impression about an interesting mystery in its story. The relation to religion was really cool.
But seems missing here. Virus makes zombies, kill them all, done. Meh. From science fiction i expect it makes me ask some questions.

Too bad. Because i have a general problem with over the shoulder perspective, and it does not seem very interesting, i'll probably pass.

Btw John from DF seems to like it a lot. And according to him he had more fun playing it than GOW

Back