The Biology of the Fanboi

Natoma

Veteran
*Originally posted in the 3D Hardware and Technology Forum, then moved to General Discussion. Copied here*

I figured that a good portion of you would get a kick out of this. It's in this month's EGM, page 54-55. This was related to fanboi's and console gaming, but it most certainly applies to the FanATIcs and Nvidiots on these boards.

Thought Processes
The fanboi's thinks he knows everything and has no problem letting you know that he knows more than you. In fact, he knows so much more than you that, should you disagree with him, you will only prove yourself to be the little newbie that you really are.

Personality Traits
The fanboi loves to argue. He'll argue about which system is better, which developer r00lz, and which controller feels best in his hands. He would rather argue than agree with you, even if he secretly does.

Spending Habits
The fanboi has an unhealthy allegiance to a particular console brand [or video card manufacturer]. He will not buy another company's system, no matter how tempting it is. Were his enemies to know he was harboring a foreign console [video card], a fanboy's legitimacy would be undermined. His followers would turn their heads in disgust, and his enemies would laugh maniacally.

Habitat
The fanboi blabs with game-store clerks until he's asked if he's going to buy something. The fanboy then leaves and logs on to Internet discussion forums in an attempt to find an audience who will put up with his ranting.

--------------------------------------------------
They also have 4 different kinds of fanboi's

1) You're a mere civilian:

"No, I can't say that I have had much experience with fourth-level balrogs... That I know of."

2) You're an apprentice fanboi:

"Sony's online strategy simply has a better setup for long-term profitability, as is clearly explained in... uhm... that one report."

3) You're an irrational fanboi:

"Throw your little statistics around if you wish -- The simply fact of the matter is that VIC 20 has yet to be surpassed as a gaming machine."

and the grand daddy of them all..............................

4) You're a fanboi master:

"I am sorry PSXFAN309, but your sales figures listed for Kingdom Hearts are off by 1,094 units as of 14 minutes ago! Again I win! Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

-----------------------

The comics they show with this article are truly hilarious. Definitely a must read. :) :LOL:

Back