The Annual E3 Ubisoft press conference thread, 2018 edition

OK, crazy start to the conference again. :D

Of course, it's to lead into Just Dance 2019. :D Still, it's pretty hype. People are enjoying it.

Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Whoa that was a very intense trailer. Damn!

The small snippet of gameplay was pretty impressive as well. Not much shown though.

Regards,
SB

Last edited by a moderator:
Rainbow Six Siege a blueprint on how to turn around a failed launch. 35 million players now.

Only UBIsoft can pull off riding a motocycle into the room. :D

LoL. Yup, this is the WTF UBIsoft segment.

OK, this is for Trials Rising.

That was a pretty grim trailer the Division 2.

Raids announced for the game as well and free DLC.

Regards,
SB

Let's see who wins, Anthem (February) or The Division 2 (March). At E3 The Division. I was disappointed that EA showed so little. They even showed less from Anthem than last year.

Last edited:
Donkey Kong Adventures. Erm, with Rabbids? Huh?

OH! It's DLC for Mario + Rabbids. VERY COOL!

OK, this looks like Skull & Bones now. OK-ish trailer.

Some in game stuff I think. Looks nice. Showing some ship customization. Ocean pretty meh compared to SoT. Ships look good. Cannon fire looks good. Sailing seems a bit janky though, not fluid.

Definitely more fantasy arcade than realistic. One ship class has unlimited repeating fire when anchored, for example.

Regards,
SB

The water in S&B looks nice. Maybe not quite at SoT level visually but the big difference is there's definitely real-time deformation in S&B, the ships and weapons affect the water.

OK, this live action interactive game looks kind of interesting.

Transference.

OK, Starlink again, the toy starship combined with game. I'd love that if I was still a kid.

The models seem kind of flimsy though.

ERM, OK, that will help sell it. Star Fox.

Regards,
SB

Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Somewhat No Mans Sky clone with co-op and using real life toys to spawn and expand your ship?

Could be fun with my son.

Dang, UBIsoft is in tight with Nintendo. Miyamoto at their conference.

And now For Honor, not quite as successful as Rainbow Six, but they've done a great job reviving the game after they stumbled after launch.

UBIsoft is definitely the best Publisher at continuing to support their games after launch even if they don't do well at launch.

HOLY Shite, Chinese faction now!

OK, I may have to get For Honor now. WOW.

The Crew 2. Interesting, but I dunno. I'm more interested in Forza Horizons 4 even though it's not as large and doesn't have boats and planes.

But who am I kidding? I'm probably not going to buy a racing game. :)

Regards,
SB

And now the big one. AC: Odyssey.

OK, that looks promising. Man, I really want a AC game set in the Three Kingdoms era of China. Greece is pretty cool though.

Choice of male or female character, cool.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
looks like it will be the division 2 or athem for my multiplayer early next year. Going to see how both shape up before buying. I'm not a creed or dishonored fan so most of this conference didn't do anything for me but it was fun to watch.

Division 2 will be a definite buy for me... IF someone releases a new GPU before March 2019 for me to buy.

The board partners briefings for the new NVIDIA GPUs have been or are already underway and therefore they will come in a certain time window which is not too far away (about September). A The Divison 2 game code may also ship with an NVIDIA GPU.

I always think that USA has ingenious locations. I like Washington D.C. and it will be in 1:1 scale and even more accurate than New York from The Division 1. The apocalypse mood was interesting as well and after that, it will be the US City I know best.

Last edited:
Division 2 will be a definite buy for me... IF someone releases a new GPU before March 2019 for me to buy.

Oh I'm sure someone will release a GPU you can buy. The big question is whether you'll be able to it or not. :p Hopefully the GPU crypto craze is almost dead by the time a new round of GPUs is released.

Regards,
SB

The board partners briefings for the new NVIDIA GPUs have been or are already underway and therefore they will come in a certain time window which is not too far away (about September). A The Divison 2 game code may also ship with an NVIDIA GPU.

I always think that USA has ingenious locations. I like Washington D.C. and it will be in 1:1 scale and even more accurate than New York from The Division 1. The apocalypse mood was interesting as well and after that, it will be the US City I know best.

I hope it doesn't have nvidas taint in it.

I think I am staying with my vega 56 one more year unless someone truly unleashes something amazing.

I hope it doesn't have nvidas taint in it.

I think I am staying with my vega 56 one more year unless someone truly unleashes something amazing.
I believe originally there was some shadow option for Nvidia but otherwise The Division has always run very well on AMD cards.

Back