The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2015 edition

Overall the conference was high on announcements and getting folks hyped. I give Sony props for that, as far as actual games coming this year? not so much. UC4 and Horizon will want me to get a PS4 however when they drop.

Yeah Sony seems to be relying on third-party partnerships for 2015. CoD, AC, Batman, Battlefront... they have marketing rights for arguably the biggest titles to be released this year. 2016 seems to be their big year exclusive wise, and on that topic, it looks quite good.

Yeah, i think that is how IGA's game is being funded as well. They already have investors, but they want to see the public interest.

Still boggles my mind that we didnt see a GT7 announcement considering the hint Yamauchi dropped for a pre 2017 release

Some announcement are keep for later they have Paris Game week. Wild will be show there. And they have PSX too...

That was one for the history books. It was really great to see pure bliss in so many twitch streams and messageboards. I personally don't have much interest in those big announcements but I can imagine that it must be something like for me getting Red Dead Redemption, Half-Life 3 and Planescape Torment Remake for PC. While people were awkward and show didn't always flow at the best rate, I think this overall was best E3 show I've seen (Sony 2013 was great too).

COD demo was good.
lol, yeah, please keep it up, and don't return to other conferences.

Well, megatons here. The Last Guardian.

Shenmue 3 cause a big reaction too, people wiped and all from what I read. It was just a Kickstarter, so no exclusive.

In the end to sum it up, The Last Guardian and Horizon as exclusives.

No Gran Turimo 7. :( More PortStation.

lol, yeah, please keep it up, and don't return to other conferences.

Well, megatons here. The Last Guardian.

Shenmue 3 cause a big reaction too, people wiped and all from what I read. It was just a Kickstarter, so no exclusive.

In the end to sum it up, The Last Guardian and Horizon as exclusives.

No Gran Turimo 7. :( More PortStation.
Kickstartewr clearly says PC and PS4, same was announced on stage. So, yeah, SHenmue 3 is not on xbox, if that is what is being asked.

Loved the conference, people getting up and getting emotional, crazy etc. Loved Dreams, can die for it, liked Horizon, TLG is back and has the charm, and UC4 still knows how to better what it has already done ! Great fun ! :) and I like what I see of Robo DInos ! If the fgame is deep, then I am in !!!
No mans sky still is where y heart is, don't care about COD partnerships and that money can be better spent elsewhere. Destiny looked awesome !
I ask again for Santa Monica but yea we have enough to keep our hands full, considering we just had BB and Witcher and MGSV is right here !

Kickstartewr clearly says PC and PS4, same was announced on stage. So, yeah, SHenmue 3 is not on xbox, if that is what is being asked.

Loved the conference, people getting up and getting emotional, crazy etc. Loved Dreams, can die for it, liked Horizon, TLG is back and has the charm, and UC4 still knows how to better what it has already done ! Great fun ! :) and I like what I see of Robo DInos ! If the fgame is deep, then I am in !!!
No mans sky still is where y heart is, don't care about COD partnerships and that money can be better spent elsewhere. Destiny looked awesome !
I ask again for Santa Monica but yea we have enough to keep our hands full, considering we just had BB and Witcher and MGSV is right here !
If they reach another milestone won't they launch the game on the Xbox One? It's not written off. I've never played a Shenmue game but I am genuinely curious about that game because of how people love it.

Not a word about ratchet. I really love the ratchet series. I have this horribly defeatist impression that it will be a stupid half-game like nexus again. Insomniac have been spreading thin and going exclusive with anyone under the sun. They gave us shitty games for years until nexus, which was good but a tiny 5h game, and now they make MS exclusives and Oculus exclusives, and sony's exclusive is still delayed to spring 2016.

Either sony have enough of this shit, or there's something better to be announced, it could go either way.

If they reach another milestone won't they launch the game on the Xbox One? It's not written off. I've never played a Shenmue game but I am genuinely curious about that game because of how people love it.
Depends who the main investors are, and what contracts are already signed.

Horizon looked interesting. I watched EA's conference earlier in the day so SW:Battlefront didn't have the same impact as it might have if it were the first time I was seeing it. I was surprised they didn't spend more time on Morpheus. UC4 looked great. Pity about the technical issue. Seemed the plan was to have a surprise reveal at the end that it was a live gameplay demo and they instead had to switch to a pre-recorded video. No Man's Sky is a game I continue to want to see more of.

Not sure they sold me on anything for 2015, though. Can anyone remember what stuff they showed that's coming by holiday 2015? Not getting Batman (probably wait for a Steam sale later), COD BO III or AC:Syndicate (no interest) and I'll get Battlefront on PC.

I wonder.. Couldn't Sony buy Shenmue 3 directly? Weren't they sure and didn't want to get their hands wet?

I dont think the the IP has ever appeared on a Sony platform, from a practical standpoint it would make more sense to see this on XB1 bc OG XBox had the IP. They are going to have to include a good amount of video to bring gamers up to date with the story.

I can't say I'm surprised in the slightest about the Shenmue 3 announcement. I'm just sad it happened a year after I made the prediction.

I am a little worried about the 2 million target on kickstarter if there isnt an extra big budget funding from other investors. The small footage they showed was underwhelming. I hope they arent going for a toned down project just to finish the story

That was one for the history books. It was really great to see pure bliss in so many twitch streams and messageboards. I personally don't have much interest in those big announcements but I can imagine that it must be something like for me getting Red Dead Redemption, Half-Life 3 and Planescape Torment Remake for PC. While people were awkward and show didn't always flow at the best rate, I think this overall was best E3 show I've seen (Sony 2013 was great too).
There is the Nintendo and PC conference to look forward to. For now I think this has been the best E3 in years overall.

Sony 2013 imho was more about the mistakes of the competition, I watched the conference and found it boring that year.

But this E3 could be also considered mediocre by Mr. Fox, who feels unhappy and apathetic because Ratchet wasn't in the fair. Every cloud has a silver lining Mr. Fox :)

Back