The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2015 edition

I think for Shenmue 3 Sony paid part of the development the foal of 2 millions dollars is on the low side. The platform are PC and PS4...

I think for Shenmue 3 Sony paid part of the development the foal of 2 millions dollars is on the low side. The platform are PC and PS4...

The messaging was poor, if they are sponsoring the development they should have said something like Suzuki needs to 2mm to realize his dream and today Sony is pleased to present him a check for 500k to help him get there, now we need you the gamer community to help us help him reach his goal. A live check at the show unbeknownst to the developer would have been a really human moment bc of the emotion it would have invoked and it would have come across as genuine versus the odd way the announcement was handled.

Seems like all they did was give him a huge platform to announce the kickstarter in exchange for console exclusivity. That's a pretty big platform, so it's probably worth it.

The kickstarter is most probably a way to convince investors that there is enough demand for this franchise. The 2 million is almost symbolic. This game will probably cost 20 milion or more not including marketing costs.

Seriously, anyone think it's a 2 million game when shenmue 2 was something like 70 million?

My guess is that the metric is how quickly they reach 2 mill.

Uncharted 4 blew me away, the amount of destruction going on in the demo. Holy crap. Loved the sounds from the people on the streets, the chickens and the dog barking (awesome).

In terms of the conference, it was great, but I'm gonna say what a lot of other people might say too. Not much of what was shown is relevant to 2015 :/

The kickstarter is most probably a way to convince investors that there is enough demand for this franchise. The 2 million is almost symbolic. This game will probably cost 20 milion or more not including marketing costs.

Seriously, anyone think it's a 2 million game when shenmue 2 was something like 70 million?

My guess is that the metric is how quickly they reach 2 mill.
I was going to say the same think. 2 million is a low bar. Shenmue 1 costed if I remember correctly around 8 million on the Dreamcast to produce

Back