The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2014 edition

Sony Conference 8/10

Some good shows, and some terrible ones. But, The Order, Arkham, GTA 5, LBP, Uncharted 4, Far Cry 4 are hot.

At least I did not go sit in a theater for that, but I had a feeling from years past that it would be normal Sony...and it was. ;p

It was an interesting conference.

I don't want to make comparisions but its interesting how big create your own game .. games are . MS has spark Sony just did lbp3 and rumor is a Mario maker game tomorrow at Nintendo's thing.

I have to rank this at the bottom of todays conferences . I feel the whole middle part could have just been a 5 minute or 10 minute video montage

My first thought was CG, but Laa Yosh is saying not. I'm farthest from a tech expert on this forum. Plus Twitch didn't return to the living until it was mostly through for me.

OK I'll just say either way it didn't look like gameplay. Either CG or "in engine cutscene".

Sure there's be a million YouTubes for us to dissect momentarily.

A lot of surprises. Really strong showing.
Next year please tone down or take out the entire TV show stuff ;)
Uncharted 4 looks sick.

Good graphics, fast, fluid and no loading. Liked it a lot even though the last Arkham Origins gave me bad motion sickness.

Yes, the camera in even this Batman game was absolutely horrible. Lets hope they fix that camera stability before the game is released. It was bad. Really bad.

Good graphics, fast, fluid and no loading. Liked it a lot even though the last Arkham Origins gave me bad motion sickness.

The problem with Batman for me is the gameplay is very been there done that.... not really innovating, just prettier. GTA should be a strong announcement but it will be equally good on PC and XB1.

Damn miss the Uncharted reveal. Firefox decided to crash on me after the Batman demo.
Mostly unimpressed with the conference outside of mostly mult-plat titles.
Didn't help that the last 2 Sony execs were really terrible.

The problem with Batman for me is the gameplay is very been there done that.... not really innovating, just prettier. GTA should be a strong announcement but it will be equally good on PC and XB1.

isn't that the same for all tehse games ?

This is what the 4th batman game like this since the start of the last gen and its the same with uncharted and gears of war and the likes.

Even if gameplay is been there done that , the games themselves can be great experiances.

isn't that the same for all tehse games ?

This is what the 4th batman game like this since the start of the last gen and its the same with uncharted and gears of war and the likes.

Even if gameplay is been there done that , the games themselves can be great experiances.

to a large degree yes...

The comment that PS3 and 360 gamers could migrate their GTA characters to the PS4 version was ... Interesting.

So far AC4 and No Man's Sky were my favorites. I know I will love LBP3 just because of my kid alone, but I secretly want a proper next-gen thing. Shame that mm's next gen project wasn't ready, I expect it may become Morpheus bound to some extent ...

Surprised that Vita TV seems to hit the US virtually unchanged. The lack of resolution and Android will probably hold it back, but we'll see. They presented some stuff pretty weakly - something like PS Now could have done with a live demo or something, especially as it's in beta already and from what I read on GAF works really well. 2015 is going to be a big year though it seems. But definitely a lot to play this end-of-year as well.

Back