The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2016 edition

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by BRiT, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Rangers

Legend

Just think, a few weeks ago you paid 349 for the 500GB XBO. Now you could get the 1TB +Elite controller for same.

2. DrJay24

Veteran

Huh? A few weeks ago the XB1 was $299 with bundle deals. It's been on fire sale mode for months now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RancidLunchmeat likes this.
  3. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Indeed, which is why I plan on buying an XB1S and then I'll wait until Scorpio is released to see how the continued integration of W10 and Xbox as a Service has progressed to determine if I want a Scorpio or if I want to go the PC route for additional flexibility. My PC's are aging (first gen i5 and second gen i3 systems), so it'll be time to upgrade those systems anyway.

4. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Did you make sure to tell him that Xbox Anywhere includes only about six games?

5. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

6. Jwm

Jwm
    Veteran Regular

^ Well that is upcoming games, as technically there have been other games already released but not branded as such that work as a play anywhere.

One thing I wanted to comment on the other day, lots of the games said in-game footage. How much of that was 4k on PC do you think, I thought I heard them say some of it was on the S with HDR. FH3 to me looked like it was on PC, as did a few others. Interesting that they did not show crackdown, but I bet that is saved for Germany along with a few other titles that we have heard rumors on.

7. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

They showed FH3 on at least 3 different platforms, with at least one of them being the Xbox One S. One was a top end PC monster setup. I can't recall what the other 2 setups were. They said it while introducing the 4 drivers and before jumping into the game for live footage.

RootKit likes this.
  8. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

yea pretty sure gears will be a launch game for scorpio. If its got zen cores it might not need cloud power. The xbox one will use cloud and scropio may not need to use it. Plus i'm sure it will look great at 4k

9. MrFox

MrFox Deludedly Fantastic
    Legend Veteran

Not sure if sarcasm against cloud... or serious.

DSoup likes this.
  10. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

I meant crackdown !

11. DrJay24

Veteran

Where was Crackdown? I have it pre ordered and it is my must have game for an XB1 that hasn't been on in months.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

12. Jwm

Jwm
    Veteran Regular

Gamescon is my guess, otherwise it had ads and such at E3 as well as prominent displays on the Xbox One dash.

13. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

The multiplayer test was delayed to 2017. I wouldn't expect the final game before 2018 at this point.

14. turkey

Veteran Newcomer

I thought they said the multiplayer was actually in good shape it was the campaign that was way behind and needed the work. That's reassuring as the multiplayer was the cloud tech. Unless they have the taste for destruction now and local compute just is not cutting it.?!? Conspiracy theory...