The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2016 edition

As someone who still has a 360 and hasn't jumped in to this gen yet...man it is difficult to hold off until Scorpio. The amount of AAA games hitting this fall/winter alone is impressive (Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, Deus X, Mafia 3, Titanfall 2, Battlfield 1, Halo Wars 2, Mass Effect Andromeda...hell even the new COD game looks good)... knee deep into now...this is basically the 2007 of this "gen". Not to mention everything that has come out in the past couple of years I haven't played yet..

I've been recommending to all my family & friends to hold off the XB1 fat until it hits $250 or get the 500gb XB1S @ $299 in the fall. Only know of one person that has a 4K TV & I'll probably recommend the 2TB for him in August. They can sell their PS4 to pay for it. ;) LOL Considering he went all disc, shouldn't be hard for him to swap platforms.

Tommy McClain

The new Slim model seems very nice and I like how they presented Scorpio with focus on power, I'm curious though how much it will cost and are there any benefits over similar spec'd PC going forwards?

The new Slim model seems very nice and I like how they presented Scorpio with focus on power, I'm curious though how much it will cost and are there any benefits over similar spec'd PC going forwards?

Yah, it'll be interesting to see pricing on a 6TF AMD Gpu when it's released. Might not cost too much more to build a similar PC that can do a lot more and access more game stores like Steam. That's why I think Scorpio won't cost more than $500. Wouldn't be surprised if it's $450.

MS certainly won this amongst my family . Once I told my younger cousins about buy once play anywhere they all want to get the new games and one of them is getting the xbox one s . We are excited to play gears campaign and sea of thieves today.

Yah, it'll be interesting to see pricing on a 6TF AMD Gpu when it's released. Might not cost too much more to build a similar PC that can do a lot more and access more game stores like Steam. That's why I think Scorpio won't cost more than $500. Wouldn't be surprised if it's $450.

Like I said , next fall the slim gets reduced to $250 and scorpio comes out at $500 . AMD will most likely have a 10tflop gpu out by then at around $500

Yeah, the "XBOX App" used to be Win 10 only, but SmartGlass was available on everything including Win 10! If the iOS/Android has been moved in-line with the XBOX App then there is a chance streaming may come to that as well.

I'm intrigued that it has more CPU/GPU power than the current system. I don't know if it's enough for me to upgrade with the Scorpio coming out next year.
Apparently the extra horsepower is only for HDR.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/14/11934898/microsoft-xbox-one-s-additional-processing-power

Microsoft has confirmed the "additional processing power" in a statement to The Verge. "We have the same SOC architecture as Xbox One today," explains a Microsoft spokesperson. "For games that want to take advantage of HDR, we gave developers access to a small amount of additional processing power." The additional processing power won't be significant, and it appears it's limited to HDR titles.

Makes sense. Would be interesting if it could help with Xbox 360 emulation. Personally I haven't had much complaints with BC, but I could it being useful for some of the more demanding 360 games.

Tommy McClain

Makes sense. Would be interesting if it could help with Xbox 360 emulation. Personally I haven't had much complaints with BC, but I could it being useful for some of the more demanding 360 games.

Tommy McClain
yup that was one of my wishes before the conference. If they use it for bc it should get us right where we want to be

I think I want the Xbox Elite Gears-4 controller, but I don't know if it has BlueTooth. That would be a shame if it doesn't have it.
So much for that idea. The price of the Gears Elite Controller is $200! WTF!?!?

I don't think it's worth an extra $50 over the elite. Guess I'll wait for revised Elite with BlueTooth.

Price drop....

All 500gb bundles are $279
Most 1TB bundles are $299
1TB The Division $329
1TB Elite $349

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles

Tommy McClain

The elite and 1TB bundles are nice deals! The 500GB, meh.

That Elite is almost a little tempting. I wish DF had tested the hybrid drive to see what kind of gains occur.

Edit: Doesn't it come with Elite controller too? Yeah, tempting! That alone is $149. Guessing it sells out fast.

Edit2: It looks like Gamestop gives a measly 100 credit for a 500GB XBO. VS 150 for a 500GB PS4. Shows how this gen went.

GameStop has a 1 week only deal where you also get a $50 gift card if you're a rewards member when purchasing the $279 or $299 bundles.

Tommy McClain

Back