The AMD Execution Thread [2007 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD Launches 'Kaveri' APUs for Business Notebooks

HP website link.

The HP configurations use the "Pro" APU's: The A6 Pro 7050B (17W Dual-Core), the A8 Pro 7150B (19W Quad-Core) and the A10 Pro 7350B (19W Quad-Core).

I think they look pretty good for the asking price, if I was looking to buy a notebook the 14" screen @ 1600x900p, 8GB RAM + A8 Pro would be a solid choice.

Yeah, I think I'd get something like that too (but in 1080p and with the A10) which is more than I've been able to say about an AMD laptop since… well, since the days when AMD was competing against Netburst in the mobile space.

Wasn't AMD supposed to announce something today? I'm posting this here because we don't know what it was and this is the most generic AMD thread.

Wasn't AMD supposed to announce something today? I'm posting this here because we don't know what it was and this is the most generic AMD thread.
I checked the #FutureIsAMD tweets but so far nothing but Oculus stuff and 285 being launched in India.

As it turns out, it was just AMD India re-announcing stuff released earlier (like R9 285)

The Downsampling dream is dead. :cry:

I don't particularly care about down sampling, but that is one weird thread that screams: "hey, our bug triage team is overworked. Can you guy do it for us? Whoever replies has the better chance to get his bugs fixed!"
It's a way of doing community outreach, and maybe it's a net positive by showing that you care. But weird...

Here's some extra gloom;

The Downsampling dream is dead. :cry:

It's extremely easy to just put in custom resolutions via registry editor. I do it all the time to get my 2400x1500 resolution. Would be nice if it was in the CCC, but then you have the chance that users put themselves into a situation where they input an invalid resolution, switch to it or set a game to that resolution, and suddenly they are just looking at a black screen without an easy way to revert back.

Regards,
SB

Duplicate the standard windows resolution functions to revert after 15 seconds if you don't click ok (and make sure the button isn't active)

Duplicate the standard windows resolution functions to revert after 15 seconds if you don't click ok (and make sure the button isn't active)

Yes, but that doesn't help in most games when you set fullscreen resolution. Or if they click OK instead of apply. :) They could get lucky and the game with crash due to it, but it doesn't always happen like that. And while some games have that option to revert if someone doesn't click the OK dialog that pops up, not many offer that.

Regards,
SB

I previously used that 3rd party program that most were using to downsample, but once an update broke it and made it near impossible to run darksiders 2* I gave up.

*I had DS2 res set as 1440p and after I updated my driver It would throw up an error message about screen res and not run; It was the Steam version so I couldn't mess with the game files(can't remember the specifics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back