Teasy won't like this

Hehe, are you sure that isn't actually a advert for XBox's next big Mario killing platformer.. well it does look like its improved on Blinx anyway :p

we posted that on other forums, Democoder, you are the first person EVER who has found that even the least bit funny(and not because its Mario or Nintendo, just because, its friggen lame and unfunny).

Even the most hardcore xbox fan has not found that even remotely funny(unless maybe you stop it within the first 15 seconds)

It was funny for a bit, then it got old pretty fast. I was expecting a good ending, but it sucked.

It's well done on a technical side, but really lacks the punch. Kinda like a bad strip of Penny Arcade, although there has been way more time spent on this :\

If I took my 4 year old niece, and asked her to write up a funny script for a GC bash, this is about what she would come up with.

it came off lame, and the fact MS actually hosts it on the Official Xbox site, makes them look pathetic..
(hehe, we are so clever, we have a robot, and it scares mario and says, "pansies", isnt that funny?)

No offense, CaptainHowdy, but I think you care a bit too much about it.

Perhaps it's time for a break, ja? ;)

its patheticly bad, I dont think one has to feel strongly to look at something and think, damn, that is PATHETIC, I have done so to every Leo Dicaprio film trailor I have ever had to sit through(laughed out loud at the Beach and Gangs of New York), I dont think it takes much passion or effort to do so.

I just think a lot of people seem mortally offended by it, which tends to be funnier than the animation itself. ;)

It's not pathetically bad, I think it was just poorly executed. They could have done a much better job, but you'd still find it pathetic since it's making fun of something you really like.

The ending was stupid. It would have been better if they replaced the robot with a recognizable character. Even the Master Chief would do, although I don't think he'd ever call anyone a 'panzy'.

Glonk

How come all of a sudden CaptainHowdy cares allot about this just because he thinks its pathetic? DemoCoder thinks its hilerious, so does he also cares too much about it too?

The video isn't very funny really and its sort of pathetic that MS would have it on there official site. In fact that's actually the funniest thing about the video, the sheer obsurdity of MS having it on there site.

The responses here are even more funny than the skit.

I'm pretty sure it was made to look "poorly executed", however I think it captures the fruit grabbing, turtle flipping gayness that is Nintendo gaming perfectly.

Cheers
Gubbi

Teasy, you have been fined $100,000 American dollars for using up our nation's entire supply of the word 'pathetic' in one thread. I'll see you in court. Jailbait.

Firstly I plead innocence since I only used that word 3 times in this whole thread and one of those times was in reference to someone else using it. Secondly I bring to the courts attention the fact that I am in no way shape or form an American therefore I not only cannot use up your quota of that word but I also cannot be tried in an American court.

I rest my case with these words, I did not have sexual intercourse with that woman... miss lewinsky. Err.. what am I saying??

Gubbi

You win a prize for the most closed minded and sadest thing said in this thread.. your prize is a big red pointy hat with a big D on the front, I'd imagine you know what to do with it :)

Actually the saddest thing on these boards are that *so* many take this *so* seriously. Get a life.

Cheers
Gubbi

Who's taking what seriously? All people have done is give an opinion on what they think of that Mario piss take on MS's site. Wether they think its funny, not funny or a pretty sad effort from MS, there all just calm opinions, I don't see anyone ranting and raving about how terrible this is.

Here's what's childish:

o lamecube reference, but i guess they needed to call it something

Here's what's witty

o Sarcastic title screen "Super Double Sunny World". Thought it was hilarious.

o Mario, Princess, Yoshi, that Puffy thing. Super cutesy backgrounds, stars, and music.

o Over the top parody of jumping motion inherent in these games and fruit eating.

o Final collection of dozens of coins, fruits, etc.

I thought the caricatures they used were spot on.

If your getting too offended, something is wrong. I thought those X-Box pics of a guy with his "new X-Box controller" that turned out to be about 2ft wide were hilarious too.

Essentially, well known stereotypes or themes are being parodied here. Get over it.

Back