Tales of Symphonia gets very high scores...YAY!!

thundermonkey said:
Blah blah blah.
You can keep telling us how many flaws you found in the game, because frankly I don't care.

I don´t either, I just proved my point, the game was a complete POS, an unimportant, idiotic game from every point of view. The fact that there are Sega fanboys/FF haters/people with bad tastes that like it is not my problem.

You don't define what a good game is, that definition lays in each persons personal experiences with said game. I found nothing wrong with those things you posted as detriments. You don't have to like the game, you can think it is a complete piece of crap, but at some point you have to concede when its 10-1 on the good/bad camp that you should just shut up.

Yeah, because such a small universe represents the entire world. Look at the sales charts, and you´ll find that it´s a lot more likely that there are more people that like FF.

In any case, when you find something you like, there´s qualities about something that you find compelling. SoA doesn´t have them (is it fanboy food for Square haters/Sega fanboys/mainstream haters? I´d say it is).

Also, you can´t be serious with the like it=it´s gotta be good arguement. Not just because you like it, means that the activity is good. Afterall, there are so many people with poo fetishes. Would you say that´s good?

Almasy said:
thundermonkey said:
Blah blah blah.
You can keep telling us how many flaws you found in the game, because frankly I don't care.

I don´t either, I just proved my point, the game was a complete POS, an unimportant, idiotic game from every point of view. The fact that there are Sega fanboys/FF haters/people with bad tastes that like it is not my problem.

No, he didn't prove your point and neither did you.

You say, for example, you found the cliche'd characters ridiculous and stupid. Other people find them endearing and fun. It's this wonderful thing called opinion - stop treating it like gospel, you God-wannabe.

Yeah, because such a small universe represents the entire world. Look at the sales charts, and you´ll find that it´s a lot more likely that there are more people that like FF.

Look at SALES CHARTS?

Rez for Xbox sold like 18k units. Wanna call that a bad game?

How about GTA 3 and Vice City? If VC sold almost 6 million, it must be the best game EVAR! Wowee!

Or even better - Enter The Matrix. Now there's a great game - must be, because it sold a million REAL quick.

In any case, when you find something you like, there´s qualities about something that you find compelling. SoA doesn´t have them (is it <bleep> food for Square haters/Sega fanboys/mainstream haters? I´d say it is).

You would.

Many others wouldn't.

Many reviewers, in fact, wouldn't.

I can't think of a single "bad" review of SoA that I've ever read, actually. Even despite its flaws (often, ALL OF THEM were pointed out - even NINTENDO POWER poited out many of the flaws. They didn't even do that to Enter the Matrix.).

Also, you can´t be serious with the like it=it´s gotta be good arguement. Not just because you like it, means that the activity is good. Afterall, there are so many people with poo fetishes. Would you say that´s good?

If you'll kindly look up, I pointed out that at least one of the flaws you've been bugging out about (cliches) isn't a con for some people. Some people just plain LIKE SPOOFS, even if they're absolutely ridiculous.

[quote="Tagrineth

You say, for example, you found the cliche'd characters ridiculous and stupid. Other people find them endearing and fun. It's this wonderful thing called opinion - stop treating it like gospel, you God-wannabe.
[/quote]

Read my other points, where I detail the personality of the characters in SoA. I proved my point, look it up. BTW, I find rather insulting your equation of my arguement=his arguement, since the other guy only said "BUt TheY WERE the FUNNYIEEE!!! FF supeR Sucks!!". And anyway, he liked SoA, which is a strong indicator of his bad tastes.

Look at SALES CHARTS?

How about GTA 3 and Vice City? If VC sold almost 6 million, it must be the best game EVAR! Wowee!

Or even better - Enter The Matrix. Now there's a great game - must be, because it sold a million REAL quick.

Wow, you just didn´t get my point, did you? I said "Look at sales charts, because of the big number of copies sold of FF, it´s a lot more likely that more people like the game", which is a direct rebuttal to his claim of "everyone but you loves SoA".

I can't think of a single "bad" review of SoA that I've ever read, actually. Even despite its flaws (often, ALL OF THEM were pointed out - even NINTENDO POWER poited out many of the flaws. They didn't even do that to Enter the Matrix.).

I don´t care about reviews. Almost every review I´ve seen of the game was either untrue, really biased or never touched properly upon the absolutely huge problems the gameplay had (and if it did, it never took the appropiatte points from the overall score).

You love the game, you tell me why gameplay wasn´t completely flawed (I´ve detailed specific complaints about it, that ultimately led to its demise), you tell me why a simplistic, utterly predictable with very shallow characters is "the super duper greatness!". You tell me, with specific reasons (and please, don´t pull a jvd on me).

If you'll kindly look up, I pointed out that at least one of the flaws you've been bugging out about (cliches) isn't a con for some people. Some people just plain LIKE SPOOFS, even if they're absolutely ridiculous.

Like I said, some people have a "Sega is the best!" is the best syndrome, root for the underdog and plainly overlook the problems, hate Square and want anything that even resembles quality that isn´t from them or simply have bad tastes.

Clichés were never the main problem, it´s that they were badly executed and never made an interesting story. Everything about it was "been there, done that and did it a lot better".

notAFanB said:

alot of ppl apparently thought so .....mind you ICO/Ikaruga falls into this category too (under appreciated).

Don’t know if you misunderstood. What I was saying was: Rez isn’t out for xbox is it? It’s only out on PS2 and GC AFAIK.

Echarin said:
www.dictionary.com said:
Almasy

n : a forum dweller who believes he knows better than everyone else. Finds it difficult to admit that he's wrong even though he knows he is

The average of 50 review scores (pretty accurate if you ask me):
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/537506.asp

LOL, the good old gamerankings. Luckily, unlike you, I have a mind of my own and have detailed explanations as to why the game is disgusting. OTOH, SoA lovers have game rankings and "but a terrible game is good sometimes!".

I have a mind of my own

You know what Almasy, everyone else has a mind of there own too, so stop telling people what they should and shouldn't like. You don't like the game while most others do, so does that make you right and them wrong?.. is it really that black and white to you?

Teasy said:
You know what Almasy, everyone else has a mind of there own too, so stop telling people what they should and shouldn't like. You don't like the game while most others do, so does that make you right and them wrong?.. is it really that black and white to you?

Nintendo fans? I doubt those even have a mind. ;)

Anyway, it´s not really my problem if those guys liked the game. As I said, there´s gotta be at least 1 person that liked Army Men.

I think that they´re mad that deep down inside, they know SoA is a terrible game, and get mad because they can´t find of anything worthwhile to say to defend their silly game. They get angry because they know they love a bad product and can´t accept it.

In any case, I rest my case. I proved SoA is a complete disaster in every single way (gameplay, story, characters, graphics). It´s really not my problem if someone likes it, that was never my main gripe. People sometimes love crap, what can you do about it?

Almasy said:
In any case, I rest my case. I proved SoA is a complete disaster in every single way

No, you proved that you have an oppinion on the game, one that differs from what most people here think.
You are not some omnipotent being who knows everything, who knows better than everyone else, so stop acting like one!

Someone who is such a pompous prick and thinks his opinion is fact deserves a ban. He completely ruined this thread.

He's also on the troll side

I think that they´re mad that deep down inside, they know SoA is a terrible game, and get mad because they can´t find of anything worthwhile to say to defend their silly game. They get angry because they know they love a bad product and can´t accept it.

I mean geez :rolleyes:

Anyway, it´s not really my problem if those guys liked the game. As I said, there´s gotta be at least 1 person that liked Army Men.

Or there's gonna be at least 1 person who dislikes SoA ;)

Almasy

On Army Men, yeah I'm sure there are some people who like the Army Men games. Personally I didn't like Army Men, but one thing I will say about it is it's not a bad game for kids. Its a kids RTS and it works as that, so even Army Men is not simply "a bad game". But really its not important because you cannot draw a comparison between a game that very few people like (Army Men) and a game that the majority of people like (SoA).

They get angry because they know they love a bad product and can´t accept it.

If someone likes a product then it cannot be a crap product to them, afterall if they thought it was crap then you wouldn't like it......

I think you should take a moment and consider some of the things your saying here. Because the above comment, as well as your "Nintendo fans are mindless" comment, does not help your argument in the slightest, it only makes you sound like a fan-boy.

It´s really not my problem if someone likes it, that was never my main gripe. People sometimes love crap, what can you do about it?

How about its not everyone elses problem if you don't like the game? Lets face it your the odd one out here as far as hating this game. I haven't even played it so I can't comment on wether I like it or not, frankly I'm not interested in the game in tbe slightest. But AFICS the maority of people here like it and the majority of reviews support this.

If you don't like SoA then fine, we're all now aware of that. But you simply have to accept that a lot of people think SoA is a good game!

Almasy said:
[quote="Tagrineth

Read my other points, where I detail the personality of the characters in SoA. I proved my point, look it up. BTW, I find rather insulting your equation of my arguement=his arguement, since the other guy only said "BUt TheY WERE the FUNNYIEEE!!! FF supeR Sucks!!". And anyway, he liked SoA, which is a strong indicator of his bad tastes.[/quote]

I find it rather insulting that you completely missed what I was saying. In fact, I never said Your argument = His argument. All I said was, that while you said he proved your point, he did not, and conversely you did not, either. If you can't understand that, you obviously won't ever understand why people can like an overdone spoof like Skies of Arcadia.

Look at SALES CHARTS?

Wow, you just didn´t get my point, did you? I said "Look at sales charts, because of the big number of copies sold of FF, it´s a lot more likely that more people like the game", which is a direct rebuttal to his claim of "everyone but you loves SoA".

A lot of people hate Enter the Matrix, but you wouldn't really guess that from its sales figures, would you? Or how about Rez? A game that sells that badly, obviously can't be liked by anyone...

I don´t care about reviews. Almost every review I´ve seen of the game was either untrue, really biased or never touched properly upon the absolutely huge problems the gameplay had (and if it did, it never took the appropiatte points from the overall score).

See, that's OUR whole point. Some of them DID touch on the really huge problems, for example the one linked earlier in this very thread. And yet, the reviewer ENJOYED some aspects, for example the laugable, over-cliche'd characters you hate so much - EVEN THOUGH YOU HATED THEM, SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT THEY WERE LOVELY CHARACTERS WITH ENDEARING PERSONALITIES. Hey, nerds find each other great company, but pure sports maniacs are often offended by the nerds' geeky personalities. Doesn't make the nerds totally unlikeable.

You love the game, you tell me why gameplay wasn´t completely flawed (I´ve detailed specific complaints about it, that ultimately led to its demise), you tell me why a simplistic, utterly predictable with very shallow characters is "the super duper greatness!". You tell me, with specific reasons (and please, don´t pull a jvd on me).

Well, for one thing, as I've said repeatedly, some people find the shallow, single-mindedly happy characters endearing - even in the face of mortal peril they keep their spirits up, for one thing.

Oh, and by the way. jvd doesn't like direct insults very much. That was a big mistake... just so you know.

Like I said, some people have a "Sega is the best!" is the best syndrome, root for the underdog and plainly overlook the problems, hate Square and want anything that even resembles quality that isn´t from them or simply have bad tastes.

Clichés were never the main problem, it´s that they were badly executed and never made an interesting story. Everything about it was "been there, done that and did it a lot better".

I don't have a Sega is the BEST is the best syndrome, and oh, whaddya know? Aww, fuck, I just happen to like SoA. DAMN! What a shame eh? Oh, and my SEGA IS THE BEST OMGOMGOMG friend IRL hates the game - not because of most of your reasons... solely because he doesn't like the shared SP system. He likes everything else. Damn, there went your argument...

First don't ever say someone pulled a jvd on you. Second all of the things you hated about this game are found in the ff series. Hell they are found in most movies. The fun thing about this game is unlike final fantsy that has shallow storys , cliche chars , tired old spells . This one did not take it self seriously. Where as ff trys to be this great deep game. Funny thing is the storys have been shallow and the game play hasn't moved at all since ff5 . Its the same thing rushed out the door with prettier graphics , more press and less actual game play.

This is my opinion. I don't care what you say. You will never change this opinion. Its not something that can be wrong . Its not like i'm misquoting the hp from a dodge viper or the mhz of the newest intel chip. This is my opinion. So shut up and don't post unless you have something of value to add. All you have done is derailed about 4 pages of this thread.

Funny thing is the storys have been shallow and the game play hasn't moved at all since ff5 . Its the same thing rushed out the door with prettier graphics , more press and less actual game play.

FF5 american or japanese?

IMO The whole final fantasy series went down hill and into the garbage with 8.

The best of the series is U.S final fantasy 3.

Paul said:
Funny thing is the storys have been shallow and the game play hasn't moved at all since ff5 . Its the same thing rushed out the door with prettier graphics , more press and less actual game play.

FF5 american or japanese?

IMO The whole final fantasy series went down hill and into the garbage with 8.

The best of the series is U.S final fantasy 3.

talking about jap 5. I allways mess up the usa numbers when thinking of the ffs . So i allways use jap numbers . Part 1 was the best. After that it all became variations of part 1. The best is when they rippped off phantsy star and had one of your players turn evil and then die at the end saving u. Damn which ff was that

talking about jap 5. I allways mess up the usa numbers when thinking of the ffs . So i allways use jap numbers . Part 1 was the best. After that it all became variations of part 1. The best is when they rippped off phantsy star and had one of your players turn evil and then die at the end saving u. Damn which ff was that

Uh, 5 had the job system, I'd say that differentiates itself big time from for rest of the games (save X-2 ofcourse) :LOL:

Back