Swap PS5 for a RTX 4070?

It does but given the resolution he games at the extra memory would be more useful than the 12GB the 4070 has.
What res is he on? Davros I mean. Sorry I wasn't referring to the OP.

I hope the 4070Ti Super (allegedly 16GB) is a real thing and priced well. At ~$700 that's the card I would probably get.

What res is he on? Davros I mean. Sorry I wasn't referring to the OP.

I hope the 4070Ti Super (allegedly 16GB) is a real thing and priced well. At ~$700 that's the card I would probably get.

I have a 4070ti currently and depending on what happens with prices I might be upgrading.

I have a 4070ti currently and depending on what happens with prices I might be upgrading.
I definitely won't be upgrading to another 4000 series card. Realistically I expect the 4070Ti Super to come in at $800+. I already dropped $600 on the 4070 so that's not gonna happen. Blackwell should have some major increases in VRAM capacity across the board. Depending on how things go I might hop on the 192bit Blackwell for a cool 18GB. I still expect 256bit Blackwell to be well beyond what I'm willing to spend.

3840x1200 (32:10)
Oh. That's actually a good bit more than 1440p (a million more pixels). You could basically use as much GPU as you can afford. DLSS and frame generation would go a long way for you.

I'm going to hold off until at least the January sales (although black Friday was crap) and maybe until the super's arrive or maybe the 5000 series because my next gpu will have to last many years

Can you believe I used to play at 5292x1050 on an Amd 6950 that's a HD 6950 not a RX 6950

Last edited:
Can you believe I used to play at 5292x1050 on an Amd 6950 that's a HD 6950 not a RX 6950
Nice. And yeah the RX6950 is about 1000% the performance of the HD6950 (I looked it up). So maybe they wrap around to the same names every 10x performance jump. :unsure:

ps: Reynaldo I officially hate you.....
I came into this thread with the opinion that you should wait for various reasons and now i'm thinking I really want a 4070 :runaway:
Well that makes two of us that hate me since the itch to upgrade has me anxious too :LOL:

So many thing going on with the family right now so I think I'll be able to wait at least until February, hopefully better options are in the market by then.

I definitely won't be upgrading to another 4000 series card. Realistically I expect the 4070Ti Super to come in at $800+. I already dropped $600 on the 4070 so that's not gonna happen. Blackwell should have some major increases in VRAM capacity across the board. Depending on how things go I might hop on the 192bit Blackwell for a cool 18GB. I still expect 256bit Blackwell to be well beyond what I'm willing to spend.

I would think best case scenario would be akin to Turing's Super refresh. Going by rumored specs the upper bound is likely around -

4070 -> 4070 Super ~= 20% more perf for the same price (or effectively a price cut of the 4070ti from $800->$600)
4070ti -> 4070ti Super ~= 10% more perf and more VRAM for the same price.
4080 Super probably not going to move the needle much like the 2080 Super.

Of course with a not just same architecture but same series refresh the feature set would be identical as well.

I would think best case scenario would be akin to Turing's Super refresh. Going by rumored specs the upper bound is likely around -

4070 -> 4070 Super ~= 20% more perf for the same price (or effectively a price cut of the 4070ti from $800->$600)
4070ti -> 4070ti Super ~= 10% more perf and more VRAM for the same price.
4080 Super probably not going to move the needle much like the 2080 Super.

Of course with a not just same architecture but same series refresh the feature set would be identical as well.
That's how I see it. Wouldn't be surprised if even that turns out to be optimistic. NVIDIA doesn't seem to be interested in returning to yesterday's profit margins.

And yea the 4080 Super is the least interesting to me. Still a very raw deal if it comes in at $1000+. Honestly the margins on the 4080 must be insane. Estimates I've seen put it's BOM at around $300-$350. Crazy to think they could sell it for $700 and still have excellent margin.

That's how I see it. Wouldn't be surprised if even that turns out to be optimistic. NVIDIA doesn't seem to be interested in returning to yesterday's profit margins.

And yea the 4080 Super is the least interesting to me. Still a very raw deal if it comes in at $1000+. Honestly the margins on the 4080 must be insane. Estimates I've seen put it's BOM at around $300-$350. Crazy to think they could sell it for $700 and still have excellent margin.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if the Supers come in 50-100 USD more than the models they are directly replacing. But hopefully, it comes in at either the same price or even (wishful thinking) a lower price than the models they are replacing.

Regards,
SB

Back