Superman Returns

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Loved it :D

Ok it was a bit crap, but at times I loved it! Could have been SO much better it's not even funny, plus some of the "story" is just plain wrong, but i was entertained. :D

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
The movie basically depicts Lois as a total slut (one night stand with superman... unprotected?!?!?). The fact that the comic always made it clear that superman could never have babies with humans was totally scrapped. And after that fabulous plane scene in the first 15 minutes, nothing much really happens...

But i still loved it. :D

PS: What's Cyclops doing in there?!

london-boy said:
POSSIBLE SPOILERS
WRT your spoiler: Am I the only one that thinks Kate Bosworth is too young for the part? 22 during filming, looks her age, Lois Lane has a five year old son, add nine months of pregnancy, then by US standards we're talking the child of Superboy, not Superman, or even Super-statutory-rape. Eww!

The continuity is with the first two Reeve films. Surely you've seen them? SR was filled with references to them. I liked the movie overall. Entertaining.

Alstrong said:
The continuity is with the first two Reeve films. Surely you've seen them? SR was filled with references to them. I liked the movie overall. Entertaining.

Yeah but you can't deny the story is just a tad wrong. Wrong as in totally incorrect, coming from the comic...

Deepak said:
Did anyone watch Pirates of the Carribians 2? It got a BUMPER opening in NA.:oops:
Not personally, but a friend of mine 'over there' described PoTC: Dead Man's Chest as "being to PoTC like Matrix Reloaded was to The Matrix." I.e. not entirely without entertainment merit, but unfulfilling, convoluted, and with annoyingly drawn out set-pieces.

Zaphod said:
Not personally, but a friend of mine 'over there' described PoTC: Dead Man's Chest as "being to PoTC like Matrix Reloaded was to The Matrix." I.e. not entirely without entertainment merit, but unfulfilling, convoluted, and with annoyingly drawn out set-pieces.

Pirates 2 was great, IMO it was much better than the first.

As for SR... thought it was kinda lame.

Pirates 2 is arguably the worst film I've ever paid to see in a theater. Even one of my 13yo nephews leaned over halfway through it and asked me, "what is this movie about?" And, yeah, he'd seen the first one. Besides, Depp's Capt. Jack was trying out out-gay Brokeback Mountain and I think he succeeded.

I've seen Sup Returns twice. It's a slow movie and lacks plot, but Routh nailed the part by channelling Reeves so effectively that I felt like a 12yo boy watching the first movie again. And that plane scene alone is worth the price of the ticket.

Back