Super Bowl: Steelers Cardinals

I'm sorry but it wasn't just one or two calls but actually the calls and non-calls throughout the entire game. It was poor officiating.

That doesn't change the fact that the Cards had a few bad plays that were game changers, though the one in the first half was riddled with non-calls they still should have brought him down before he crossed the 50.

The calls are never perfect and I think in the era of HD and instant replays we see the problems more often. I thought they did have a lot of non-calls when they could have made more, but overall when the challenges (to the bad calls) are included most of the calls seemed accurate to me, though the non-calls occurred a lot. They are probably discouraged from calling too many penalties and slowing the game down though.

As for the long plays in any case I think >50% of the time calls are missed on long plays b/c they are everywhere. How can the refs see a block on the back when they are no where near it? Or holding, or etc...

If you would like they could have dithered around for five minutes and told you the same exact thing. Or they could let the game play out instead of interrupting it when they already had clearly decided upstairs (that is where the replay decision is made in case you forgot). It was fairly obvious in slow motion it was a fumble, if you don't think so I can understand wishful thinking, but I personally don't engage that much in it in football. I even though Santonio missed the touchdown at first until they replayed it in slow motion.
I was sure that I heard them say that they went upstairs to confirm it, but then I keep reading all this stuff about a controversy. Thanks for the info. I too thought it was a fumble.

Back