Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

So many broken promises

1) Space Marines is MIA with now a 7 month minimum delay

2) AC 2.0 going on 3 months now with no release targeted ( 1.3 they announced today has a release date of a few weeks)

3) They just started selling limited ships again

4) CCU means LTI which was to be limited to original backers is now open to all

Its nice to see so many big named actors , it shows that Chris failed in Hollywood and came back to video games to try prove Hollywood wrong. Wish he spent the money on developers to actually deliver the product. But maybe getting his wife an acting credit was worth the expense of his reputation to him.

Wait, so Space Marines - which had been last postponed to June this year, and then postponed indefinitely and then The Chairman said it would be just a few weeks away 3 months ago - was not released and has not a release date even?

3) They just started selling limited ships again
This is downright criminal. They're constantly lying about the exclusivity of the item they sell!!
I get that many people are completely clueless about being scammed over and over again, but I don't get how the FTC doesn't hammer CIG for this.

Yes Star marine still has no release date. 2015 is very unlikely at this point. I would expect it in 2016.

Its funny if you look back at kickstarter FPS wasn't even a thing aside from limited raiding of ships. However they wanted to have the game released (sq42) in Nov of 2014 today we got a video almost a year later. They wanted to have a PU alpha in Nov 2014 . Today almost a year later in 2015 we got an announcement of AC 1.3 . THey wanted to have multi crew avalible in 2013 it is now the end of 2015 and we got you guessed it a video.

THey wanted to have multi crew avalible in 2013 it is now the end of 2015 and we got you guessed it a video.
This sentence begs for some punctuation... I don't expect, or demand perfection, but even just trying would have made interpreting this thing so much easier. :)

This sentence begs for some punctuation... I don't expect, or demand perfection, but even just trying would have made interpreting this thing so much easier. :)

Sorry bro , you should know by now English was not my strongest subject growing up ! I actually have a lot of respect for people who can read and write multiple languages cause I can barely do one !

Anyway Multi crew was promised at kickstarter for a 2013 release in alpha of course. We are in 2015 now and still don't have the alpha of it , however we got a new video showing it off.

How was that ?

So yea the last day of kickstarter they did a live stream. During the live stream they offered an Idris then the largest ship they were ever going to sell (heh another lie). It was $1,000 dollars and they made in game lore that there would only ever be 1,000 of them. Then they made an idris p and sold it again. It just went on sale again for this convention .

Its really messed up that they are doing this

What, Gary Oldman was gonna be an exclusive voice actor for backers?

That doesn't even make sense...in any sense! :p

Nice !

No , Kickstarter time frame pledgers (and I use that term since yo ucould also pledge through their site at the time) were to get exclusive alpha access. Then they changed it to a certain amount of slots , I believe 200k but they found out that people didn't want to pledge money for something that had no release date. So they brought it back as a $5 pass. Now they are getting rid of it.

It has little to do with Wing Commander.

-"You see that speech on a big monitor in the game, but literally 95% of the performance capture is all for the player to interact with and depending on what the player does and so forth,” says Erin Roberts, the campaign’s director. “We want players to take little actions which will cause stuff to happen.”

You will interact with the NPCs in game during gameplay. Unlike the old Wing Commander games with semi -interactive video sequences.
Performance capture (high quality face, body etc.) + gameplay = This is very rare in games. Look at AC: Unity, Ryse, The Order 1886 etc. The facial animations are much worse in gameplay. In games such as Beyond and Until Dawn the dialogues and close face shots were mostly in realtime cutscenes. Not in gameplay with full control of the character.

-"Turn your back and walk out on the commander during an important ship briefing and you can expect to be arrested and thrown in the brig. Fly way off-course on an important operation and your leaders will “get pissed off with you”.

This is not possible in the Wing Commander games.

-“You get to go, ‘I’m going to clear off over here and just check this out on my own because I want to’,” he explains. “It’s not like the old Wing Commander where when you take off you go to this point, this point and this point. You take off and you’re in space - you’ll have lots of different locations you can go to.”

-"When expounding the possibilities in Squadron 42, Erin Roberts is liable to get carried away. In one moment, we’re talking about the long memories of the crew aboard the Stanton, your de facto family for the duration of the campaign. In the next, our conversation is entering the atmosphere of alien planets where, he says, the behaviour of the locals will alter depending on whether or not they’re getting enough minerals, or the population’s in decline, or the economy is failing."

Confirmed from Erin Roberts - (limited) Alpha 2.0 PTU tonight!

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Retaliator gameplay from Anniversary Live Stream:

Squadron 42: Meet the "Old Man" Teaser

Squadron 42: Behind the Scenes - Mark Hamill:

Squadron 42: Interview with Mark Hamill:

John-Rhys-Davies interview in English on German gaming site:

Mark Hamill on Star Citizen, Wing Commander and Star Wars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQQPzHerrPE

Anniversary 2015: Million Mile High Club Tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ9VYBNCx7c

Squadron 42: Behind the Scenes - Character Pipeline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-algllIKc

From the interviews:
"[...]But I have to say, working with Mark again, and working with Chris of course, it really is a bit like coming home. I think what he's doing here is absolutely going to set you back in your seat and rivet you. I think this is the state of the art. You're gonna love it, and I am blessed to be in it."

- John-Rhys-Davies

"The advantage here was Chris Roberts - I had such a good time working with him, not only as a wizard of all things involving games, but he's a great director and a great friend. Really, when he asked me, I didn't even have to read the script - I just jumped at it, I really wanted to work with him again."

- Mark Hamill

2015 Anniversary Livestream Transcript
http://imperialnews.network/2015/11/2015-anniversary-livestream-transcript/

It is well done!

ah so only 8 months late , and still only on the test server and still we can't play many of the original pledge ships.

Good to see they spent the money on Luke Skywalker tho , Doesn't make me feel the least bit concerned that he failed in Hollywood and then came back to gaming to make the movie he couldn't make in hollywood

Those two were in Wing 3 and 4 though so I think that's neato. Hamill was in 3,4 and 5 actually. Too bad it's not actually a Wing Commander game too.

Back