Stadia, Google Game Streaming platform [2019-2021]

Got my refund the other day, about 200 USD, noticed when I was going over my credit card bill vs expense reports...zzzz

Can one repurpose the controllers for other things?

It makes a pretty good throwing weapon, like a chunky boomerang.

I got a weak throwing arm and well I doubt it it would come back.

When you have a fit of rage while playing a game, throw the Stadia controller instead of your good working controller. :p

Regards,
SB

I am more worried about the tv than the controller when I start throwing around controllers.

Play the game that came to Stadia before Stadia came to the world. “Worm Game” is a humble title we used to test many of Stadia’s features, starting well before our 2019 public launch, right through 2022. It won’t win Game of the Year, but the Stadia team spent a LOT of time playing it, and we thought we’d share it with you. Thanks for playing, and for everything.

It appears that Google will enable the previously disabled bluetooth capability of the controller. In addition an internal test game/project has been made public while the Stadia remains online.

It appears that Google will enable the previously disabled bluetooth capability of the controller. In addition an internal test game/project has been made public while the Stadia remains online.

That's good news, depending on how stable it is for PC.

The service shuts down entirely on the 18th, so they put that out there for 5 days.

Possibly not, since Stadia was based on Linux while most of the other services run on Windows. Stadia would require ports or a non-trivial translation/emulation layer.
Because of a lot of work by Valve, running Windows/DirectX games on linux and macOS is increasingly straight forward. It's really only the DRM and some online schemes that complicate things.

Because of a lot of work by Valve, running Windows/DirectX games on linux and macOS is increasingly straight forward. It's really only the DRM and some online schemes that complicate things.

Right ... Google could have pulled in Proton at any time as an option and they did not. It could have been an easy lift for them, to make it easier for third parties to release Stadia versions. Google did nothing of the sort. I don't believe they have the ability of using aspects they did not invent themselves -- too stubborn and proud and letting their ego get in the way.

Right ... Google could have pulled in Proton at any time as an option and they did not. It could have been an easy lift for them, to make it easier for third parties to release Stadia versions. Google did nothing of the sort. I don't believe they have the ability of using aspects they did not invent themselves -- too stubborn and proud and letting their ego get in the way.
Google have been reluctant to rely on software based on the type of GPL licence under which Proton is distributed.
For good reason. It's nothing to do with being "stubborn and proud", and entirely about building a business on a proprietry foundation which can be withdrawn at any moment.

I don't see a reason why MS would offer it to Google even if Stadia had stayed alive. MS have already stated that they see Google and Apple as their main competitors and want to break up their duopoly. They've also not offered it to Amazon's Luna for much the same reason (they don't want to help Luna out and make them a threat to Xcloud)

Link

According to the outlet, the new product is called "Playables" and would let users play games instantly through the YouTube app on mobile devices as well as on desktop computers. Google recently invited employees to begin testing the product, with one of the games currently playable in the testing period called Stack Bounce, an arcade game that sounds similar to games like Brick Breaker Arcade on Android.

OOOH Breakout ....
I don't think anybody will be quaking in their boots yet. Yet more nonsense from the Microsoft/Activision shill.

Back