Sony to enter video download market (for PSP)

Article said said:
The new PSP service has been developed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and will use the Japanese company’s memory stick technology to store the video content. Sony is distributing a 4Gb memory stick capable of storing 10 feature films.

First of all, it's not being developed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. I don't know why they specifically bring up the 4GB Memory Stick, there's nothing special about that (they've been available for a few months now), and at the current size of "feature films" that are being distributed by Sony Pictures for memory stick, you'd be lucky to fit 5 movies.

Amazon.com and film download sites such as Movielink and CinemaNow are in talks with Sony about signing up to the service

And I did find the reference to Movielink amusing since it was pretty much developed at Sony Pictures... :)

I suppose it's not possible to move the - erm - movies OFF the mmory stick to make room for more?

So the choice is to delete them, in order to preserve the top secredness of the holy DRM of these hollywood creations, and then hopefully be able to re-download them again without paying all over again if we want to watch them another time?

Peace.

I suppose it's not possible to move the - erm - movies OFF the mmory stick to make room for more?

So the choice is to delete them, in order to preserve the top secredness of the holy DRM of these hollywood creations, and then hopefully be able to re-download them again without paying all over again if we want to watch them another time?

Peace.

I don't know exactly liberal the DRM is in this case (my PSP's media abilities remain unused) but in the worst case scenario you could use multiple memory stick. Not ideal I know but if you aren't able to re-download at a later date it'd be the (distant) 2nd best option IMO.

Back