Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

And the most important news :love:

We’re thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2’s next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life.

Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital

Their previous roller coaster horror Until Dawn Rush of Blood did the same thing with mannequins. I suppose blinking is different than lights turning on and off.

Last edited:
Their previous roller coaster horror Until Dawn Rush of Blood did the same thing with mannequins. I suppose blinking is different than lights turning on and off.
Yes. There's a physical stress to resist blinking. Passing through a room, you'll be trying to resist blinking as much as possible and taking on physical discomfort as a result, adding to the stress of the situation.

Reactions: snc
Sure. It will be a little different than a failing flashlight. But another question is will the game last more than a couple hours this time. They want $40 for it.

I've never heard of this but it looks great. Think I'd actually prefer the torch going out mechanic to the blinking one though. While the use of the eye tracking is really cool, as well as the direct interaction with you natural reflex to blink, actuallyplaying the game would be genuinly physically uncomopfrtable. And I'm not really sure what's what I'm looking for in a game.

If it was just a rarely used mechanic though, with remainder of the game being similar to the torch mechanic then that would be much better.

I really enjoyed it. I actually find it somewhat relaxing because it has a strong haunted house / amusement park ride vibe. Just cool to see in VR. The action gets frantic but works well with the move controllers. But it doesn't take long to finish it.

Supermassive made several PSVR games. Until Dawn Rush of Blood, The Inpatient (Until Dawn prequel), Tumble VR, and a rail shooter called Bravo Team.

Last edited:
When we first saw the game on the PS VR2 we couldn’t believe how vivid the worlds felt. The Foveated Rendering allows the game to look sharper than we have ever seen it and PS VR2’s OLED HDR screen gives the night-time levels a new dimension.

btw my RTX 3070 is not strong enough to render that game at native resolution at 72hz.

amazing that PS5 would be able to run it at high resolution (foveated) smoothly
It will be very interesting to see how coarse the resolutions at edges can get.
If it is something like 4x4 pixels or larger it may save quite a bit of performance.

I wonder if it's just main pass or if post processing and other passes can be easily handled in low resolution.

btw my RTX 3070 is not strong enough to render that game at native resolution at 72hz.

amazing that PS5 would be able to run it at high resolution (foveated) smoothly

The whole point of foveated rendering is that it's not running at a high resolution (but you don't notice). If indeed settings are the same, and the image quality is indistinguishable between the two (two big ifs) then this is testament to foveated rendering and doesn't really say anything specific about the P5's performance.

Back