Sony PlayStation cross-platform game strategy

It's an odd to only bring the two latest games to PC without the original triology three, particular the highlight that is Uncharted 2. It's called the Legacy of Thieves Collection and I did a lot of thieving archeology in the first three games.

It's an odd to only bring the two latest games to PC without the original triology three, particular the highlight that is Uncharted 2. It's called the Legacy of Thieves Collection and I did a lot of thieving archeology in the first three games.

Probably didn't want to spend too much to port to pc. As the first 3 games looks way more dated than the last 2. So they would need to spend much more to improve 1-3

Agreed. I would love to have all the Uncharted games on PC. Yes even the first one. I think most people would be happy with just framerate and resolution unlocks too. Same for the God of War franchise.

Agreed. I would love to have all the Uncharted games on PC. Yes even the first one. I think most people would be happy with just framerate and resolution unlocks too. Same for the God of War franchise.
They did port, and uplift the gameplay from the original, for the PS4 Uncharted Collection. They could do a cheap and cheerful port of that trilogy and sell it cheap.

They could do a cheap and cheerful port of that trilogy and sell it cheap.

Maybe later. It seems the current strategy is to release good looking PS games to PC. Maybe to show off "hey, ps is full of these kind of AAA quality games! Buy PS to play them day 1"

More confirmation that Returnal is coming to PC with RT shadows and reflections, also DLSS2 and FSR1.

Do I need a PSN account to play PlayStation games on PC?
No, you currently do not need a PSN account to enjoy PlayStation Studios games on PC.

I suspect soon enough Sony will launch it's own store on PC with a view to getting us all signed up to PSN.
I can see a future where Sony and MS try to turn PCs into virtualized consoles.

Wow, releases on Oct 27th! So this makes it the sixth confirmed PS4 exclusive releasing this year: alongside God Of War, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Spider-Man Remastered, and Spider-Man Miles Morales.

Oh and it has DLSS too.
Unfortunately, I can imagine this game is going to be a nightmare of shader compilation stuttering. It's Unreal Engine 4, and there's tons of effects and graphical flourishes that instantly pop when you collect stuff.

I can just picture it now :(

Not if its nixxes ;)
For all the praise Nixxes get, I was left thoroughly unimpressed with their Spider-Man port. A month and a half after release, it's still nigh unplayable even on decently powerful CPUs such as the 9900K where it experiences massive frame rate drops and runs better with HT off which makes no sense.

Porting games from PS5 seems to be a monumental task, especially when older hardware is concerned.

For all the praise Nixxes get, I was left thoroughly unimpressed with their Spider-Man port. A month and a half after release, it's still nigh unplayable even on decently powerful CPUs such as the 9900K where it experiences massive frame rate drops and runs better with HT off which makes no sense.

Porting games from PS5 seems to be a monumental task, especially when older hardware is concerned.

They did promise cpu usage improvements i think. Also it indeed seems you need semi-modern cpu’s for spiderman, Zen3 (2020) allegedly fairs better than the 2019-zen2 arch.
However i think too its an optimization issue, its a port afterall.

Theres a reason those arent accurate to gauge hw performance, multiplat games or benchmarks usually are a more fair indicator.

Thats not to be disrespectfull towards nixxes, seeing a R5/RX6600 combo matches the ps5 well enough and the game running surprisingly well on my 5800h/3070m laptop, to the point i’d choose to play it on that machine over the ps5 if i had to play the SP again.

Unfortunately, I can imagine this game is going to be a nightmare of shader compilation stuttering. It's Unreal Engine 4, and there's tons of effects and graphical flourishes that instantly pop when you collect stuff.
As some point, a Shader Pre-Caching option category appeared in Steam's settings. This seems to be enabled by default so why is this not solving the problem? Who do you have to sacrifice for the stuttering madness to be fixed? :-?

Back