Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
my ps4 Pro has always been very quiet, because i play with headphones :p
i think for most people, whose setup in the living room, far away from teh console while having headphones won't hear it.

But the people who use a desk and the console is as far away as their monitor, they will hear it through the headphones.

There's one way of seeing it, PS5 is slightly under 12TF say at 11.6TF. So it probably serves less purpose to Sony to announce it under the shadow of a 12TF Series X not to mention getting negative flamebaits from both the press and fans. The hype generated wouldn't be close to what Sony would have wanted if PS5 is slightly stronger or even on par, that's if it's not completely sapped away by Covid-19's attention.
I'm tipping Sony would most likely announce it only when they feel PS5's specs are strong enough or when the Virus dies down a bit, otherwise I'm really not buying how they simply have other shock and awe plans without involving the aforementioned factors. Yeah Sony may really be stuck in such a stale situation right now.

Them not unveiling anything has nothing to do with the 3TF difference, most likely because of ghost of thushima and last of us.

Them not unveiling anything has nothing to do with the 3TF difference, most likely because of ghost of thushima and last of us.
Not that I believe there will be a 3 TF difference but it has absolutely nothing to do with Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2 either. In 2013, Sony had God of War Ascension, Ni No Kuni, Beyond Two Souls and last but not the least The Last of Us all on PS3 yet the PS Meeting still was held in Feb 2013. If anything Sony should release next gen info early in the year just like last time while leaving more room for their upcoming games later in the year and that worked out splendidly.

Denmark has closed its border, Italy and Spain are in a hard lockdown, Japan has closed schools, the US has declared a national emergency... I think people are missing the point on why this is being delayed.

There's one way of seeing it, PS5 is slightly under 12TF say at 11.6TF. So it probably serves less purpose to Sony to announce it under the shadow of a 12TF Series X not to mention getting negative flamebaits from both the press and fans. The hype generated wouldn't be close to what Sony would have wanted if PS5 is slightly stronger or even on par, that's if it's not completely sapped away by Covid-19's attention.
I'm tipping Sony would most likely announce it only when they feel PS5's specs are strong enough or when the Virus dies down a bit, otherwise I'm really not buying how they simply have other shock and awe plans without involving the aforementioned factors. Yeah Sony may really be stuck in such a stale situation right now.

Why should PS5 be under Xbox? If the APU can reach 11 Tflops then it´s not the Github APU. 2 Ghz max on 36 CU cannot reach 11.6 Tflops. That would mean over 2.5 Ghz clock speed.
Anf if it's not the Github APU, why should people take for granted Sonys Ghz are bellow Microsoft Ghz? What do we know about a possible a PS5 APU with more than 36 CU?
NOTHING!
So... there is another possibility. Not one to take for granted, but another possibility nonetheless. Sony has a slightly superior APU and is not revealing so that Microsoft cannot do like in 2013, and adjust clock speeds.

Last edited:
Why should PS5 be under Xbox? If the APU can reach 11 Tflops then it´s not the Github APU. 2 Ghz max on 36 CU cannot reach 11.6 Tflops. That would mean over 2.5 Ghz clock speed.
Credible folks like Jason Schreier of Kotaku said on their podcast that he had heard from devs that one console edged out in horsepower and the other in I/O. The I/O is almost certainly PS5's solid state solution, leaving Xbox as the console with more horsepower.

Credible folks like Jason Schreier of Kotaku said on their podcast that he had heard from devs that one console edged out in horsepower and the other in I/O. The I/O is almost certainly PS5's solid state solution, leaving Xbox as the console with more horsepower.
Do you know what episode that was?

Anf if it's not the Github APU, why should people take for granted Sonys Ghz are bellow Microsoft Ghz? What do we know about a possible a PS5 APU with more than 36 CU?
NOTHING!
So... there is another possibility. Not one to take for granted, but another possibility nonetheless. Sony has a slightly superior APU and is not revealing so that Microsoft cannot do like in 2013, and adjust clock speeds.
On your final point; MS adjusting clock speeds.
That wasn't representative of a good thing. And as I know one of ht only consoles released that did something like that.
A properly built console will stay the course and hit design spec. The fact that XBO was adjusted at launch at showcases how poorly it was designed.

You've read it backwards.
XBO:
a) had an oversized cooler
b) had an external power brick
c) was able to adjust it's clocks higher because of silicon yield

If this doesn't point to a sign that XBO was behind schedule and they rushed to throw something together I don't know what would.
If they were on time, they would have had a cheaper cooler, a better box, an internal power brick... all the things Xbox One S is and would have used the silicon yield to lower the price further than the launch price points they hit. What they gained in minimal power, they lost in margin.

Thinking and reading the last few comments, the 3tf power differentional could very well be the reason for sony not coming with specs, as such a spec announcement would only be intresting to people on gaming forums etc. They probably don't show any specs, but rather wait and show games, with next gen graphics, like godfall did and hellblade 2. Both are pc also.

Thinking and reading the last few comments, the 3tf power differentional could very well be the reason for sony not coming with specs, as such a spec announcement would only be intresting to people on gaming forums etc. They probably don't show any specs, but rather wait and show games, with next gen graphics, like godfall did and hellblade 2. Both are pc also.

Yep, probably no tech spec talk but will be full of gameplay. Would be pretty useless if it gonna be just full of CGI

most likely because of ghost of thushima and last of us.

Current scheduled release dates, assuming Sony won't reschedule Last of Us 2 because of the existing pandemic and not wanting to seem tone deaf in a time of overreactions by consumers ...
Last of US 2: May 29, 2020
Ghost of Tsushima: June 26, 2020

Yep, probably no tech spec talk but will be full of gameplay. Would be pretty useless if it gonna be just full of CGI

Most don't even know what all those numbers mean, TF, Gb/s, gddr6 or hbm, 'gigarays', bits.... All they hear is 'no or fast loading', supercharged pc arch, voice control, and 8k, 3d audio, and perhaps ray tracing as a feature. Think of people in your surroundings, how many of them are intrested in the tech numbers when buying a console? How many that bought the Pro over the One X knows the TF metrics of both?

Current scheduled release dates, assuming Sony won't reschedule Last of Us 2 because of the existing pandemic and not wanting to seem tone deaf in a time of overreactions by consumers ...
Last of US 2: May 29, 2020
Ghost of Tsushima: June 26, 2020

Thinking about it again, i dont think the silence is thanks to those two titles. If the PS5 is BC with PS4 games, it doesn't really matter, people can play it both on PS4 and PS5. If anything, those games could potentionally boost PS5 sales? 60fps, if console gamers get a taste of that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back