Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

i'm a gamer and have a weak laptop PC for internet and youtube etc... purposes
My wife is not a gamer and she has a gaming laptop, because she works in the web and makes heavy use of imaging tools that need some power to work faster.

I know occasions where they own a PC for the best performance and a console like Switch or a PS5 for their exclusive or other gaming needs just as I have friends who own both Switch and PS5. Guess why in almost all cases where they game on both console and PC they don't own an XBOX.
Yes, but that's the exact opposite situation he's describing. I used to do exactly that, exclusives on PS5, everything else on PC. Who is gonna purchase a PS5 for Fortnite and COD and wait for the exclusives to hit PC 2 years later?

In that case the person would game exclusively on PC, why would they bother having a console?

Ease of use, kids, exclusive features, maybe?

As Sony doesn't have steam x Playstation crossbuy, so "simply because one license works across different platforms" like windows store / xbox is not a reason for steam / Playstation.

Ease of use, kids, exclusive features, maybe?

As Sony doesn't have steam x Playstation crossbuy, so "simply because one license works across different platforms" like windows store / xbox is not a reason for steam / Playstation.
You did not read the post I replied to before you jumped in, did you? Everything you're replying doesn't answer why would a person that has a PS5 already and already games on it regularly will wait 2 years to play console exclusive games on PC.

You did not read the post I replied to before you jumped in, did you? Everything you're replying doesn't answer why would a person that has a PS5 already and already games on it regularly will wait 2 years to play console exclusive games on PC.

I did. As I clicked the arrows. But I misunderstood your post.

Edit :
I clicked them again and Im now confused where did I misunderstood it.

I was saying that people still can wait to buy for the pc version for the game in example: Spiderman 2 for PC.

While also still buying other games for ps5.

Depending on ease of use, exclusive features, etc.

As PS doesn't have cross buy with steam. So people cant simply buy Spiderman 2 now, and hoping to play the pc version for free.

Pardon for any confusion I'll probably cause even more. It's like 3 Am here now. So Its very possible I misunderstood things even more

Last edited:
Sony doesn't release PC titles for PS owners who want to wait 2 years for a more performant version. Their biggest motivations are to capture those who don't own a PS console and those willing to double dip.

But what Sony wants may differ from the actual outcome down the line. At the end, the incentive to buy a PS will contract, particularly if those PS titles start arriving much much sooner on PC.

I was in Japan close to both Sony's and Kojima Production's HQs so I went there on my lunch break to see if I could stalk Kojima or Shinkawa, but I guess they brought a lunch box those days...

Sorry i OT :)

This generation continues to slide downhill in my estimation. Had an Apex patch a few weeks ago. It didn't start, so I reset the machine but instead of installing the 500 MB patch, it downloaded the 75 GB entire game. Now just had similar. A 300 MB patch, it stopped at calculating for an age before finally saying "something went wrong" in a very informative error message. This patch, which is isolated from the game and requires a lengthy copying process to protect games from getting corrupted, failed and then switching off and on again, once again I have to download the entire 75 GB game again. Why? If a patch fails, nothing should go wrong as that's what the copying process protects against.

Back