Sony Home - The official thread*

Well, I personally never sit around waiting for spaces to download, except maybe the very first time. There is always enough to do in one space while the other download in the background, and I'm never bored of a space soon enough to run into the download queue, so to speak!

I wonder if this considers the time spent redownloading every single space. I was wondering if when I visit every blue moon I spend 50 minutes... and I realized I probably do, if you take downloading the spaces into account.

It is probably counted.

I am under the impression that they have fixed the space redownloading issue ? I didn't have to download the default spaces in the last 2 updates. I had to redownload spaces I have not visited for eons though (e.g., The Uncharted one). They also added timeout to kick people who idled for too long.

The advertisers are not stupid. Many of these claimed numbers will be audited by a third party to prevent fraud. It is useless for Sony to pad them.

The only way forward is to add new content and sustainable services to Home.

Whatever the heck Xi is, it's up now in Home apparently both EU and U.S. It's some kind of adventure game within Home apparently, but other than that I haven't a clue!

I saw you in Home. I'd be surprised if you haven't found Xi yet. ^_^

Near the Central Plaza entrance, there is a "Dream Catcher" that will teleport you to the Xi Hub.

It's an adventure game that centers around Playstation Home. You can teleport to hidden places in Home. It's linked to the web for clues and videos. There is a weekly update on the game too within the hub itself. Sounds cool. I have not activated the teleporters yet.

I also saw more people in my instance when I signed in today. I noticed that folks have more varied clothings now. There seems to be costumes I have not seen before too.

It's a nice touch. Home begins to look like a mini-MMO mystery solving game itself.

[size=-2]Please do standardize on game launching this year. :p[/size]

The Xi space is a great addition to Home.

Needs clothing to win when you complete each thing, or maybe like a separate trophy/point system just for Home.

Yeah, Xi was easy enough to find ... from then on though it's slightly less easy :D Some of the adventure bits seem pretty abstract. It gives me a bit of a matrix vibe, though a very lighthearted version so far. I made my way to finding an actual (and literal) piece of a puzzle, but haven't found any other pieces yet (and they're not in obvious places around Home, because I visited just about every space :D).

Yeah, it's not just the number of Home Spaces, but also the quality and funness. The Xi space(s) are good (i.e., meet expectations); much more things to do than the earlier ones. I hope the EA sports complex could top that.

Guitar Hero Home Space tomorrow: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...r-hero-launches-tomorrow-in-playstation-home/

Activision is launching their first PlayStation Home space to support their hit franchise - Guitar Hero. And you’re invited to the launch party !

... but only one mini-game for the Space like the normal ones.

On Friday, March 27th, between the hours of 12:00pm and 5:00pm PT (3:00pm and 8:00pm EST) the PlayStation Home Community Management team will be visiting the new Guitar Hero game space each hour on the hour and awarding the user with the current high score a special prize.

Xi was the one I was going to reference; although I haven't tried it myself. Although of course, there were those who it didn't appeal to.

Jack Buser says to expect at least three new Home spaces a month from now on ...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gdc-3-spaces-a-month-for-home

I like this piece:

He strongly encouraged developers to consider supporting Home game-launching, which he said he expected to take off as quickly, and become as essential to gamers, as Trophy support. "Going forward, it's going to seem like something's missing if you don't have it. I can't stress how important game-launching is." Support for this feature is, currently, very limited.

How about making it REQUIRED if someone is developing a game space? If you feel something is important for your user base don't pend all your hope on whether a developer feels like putting it in make it required they put it in so you and I no longer have to worry if the space supports game launching.

You know, its great to give people options but jesus please make core things such as game launching required. I get so upset every time I read some story about how Sony hopes developers will support X feature because its what customers really want. Consistency!

Whilst we're on the topic... Guitar Hero space launches tomorrow.

From the playstationblog. Given that (and the fact I only skimmed the article) not sure if it's unique to the NA/US accounts.

Whilst we're on the topic... Guitar Hero space launches tomorrow.

From the playstationblog. Given that (and the fact I only skimmed the article) not sure if it's unique to the NA/US accounts.

Wow, awesome. If they keep releasing spaces like that, I'm sure Home will become a success! And if it will include game launching at some point to do co-op Guitar Hero with people there, that would make it pretty much perfect! Of course it's not announced and may well not happen, but I'm hoping it will ...

I wonder if it's possible for Home to interface with the Guitar gadget rather than using the standard controller.

Sony also mentioned some new technology that cannot be shown yet. I hate them when they mess up the order. If they cannot show anything (not even the slightest idea), then don't talk about it. :p

Overall, I am pleasantly surprised by Xi. You can say I was a little shocked. The Guitar Hero space adds to the momentum but I really wish they could break away from this one mini-game per space mold. Buser said it takes developers about 4-6 months to create a space. Did he clarify if it's 4-6 man-month or more than that ?

The GH space is pretty neat, has nice lighting from the neon.

I saw they have R2 outfit you can buy and some new Street Fighter that look real funny when mixed up.

The GH space is pretty neat, has nice lighting from the neon.

I saw they have R2 outfit you can buy and some new Street Fighter that look real funny when mixed up.

To make some of these costumes work they need to up the customizability of the bodies. I'd totally dress like Rufus if my avatar could be that fat.

Back