Sony Bravia KLV-32S200A HDTV

just a question, most tv's have one hdmi input.. what do you do when you have 2 hdmi devices? are there passtrough on these kind of dvd players like they sometimes have 2 scart input / passtrough s?

just a question, most tv's have one hdmi input.. what do you do when you have 2 hdmi devices? are there passtrough on these kind of dvd players like they sometimes have 2 scart input / passtrough s?

You can get some cheap-ish HDMI switches. They have come down in price a lot lately.

No pass throughs AFAIK and it'd make the whole handshaking even more tenuous.

You could get a switching device like LB mentions or you could get a HDMI receiver. HDMI switching has been trickling down to lower end models for sometime now. JVC, for instance, makes one.

Do make sure you're aware of, Transcoding vs. Upconversion AND what kind of signal can be routed through HDMI. The latter is an issue some find out AFTER they've bought their receiver.

The side bars are the lack of signal or the absolut panel black level (below 0 IRE) for a given backlight intensity (my guess).
This HDTV side-by-side with the X-Black monitor show minimal leak of light in the absolut black. (edited: in the night)
Photo's can't tell you jack about black levels. A contrast ratio of maybe 300:1 would be enough to give you "absolute black" in a photo. All TV's look black with a camera photo. LCD RP sets and JVC's D-ILA sets (esp. the older ones) have some of the worst black levels of any TV, but they look solid black in pictures.

If you want to prove how black it is, take two pictures of a dark scene with low ambient lighting: One with normal camera settings, and one with an intentional 4 or 5 stop overexposure. Not sure if you know how to do that or if your camera even allows manual exposure adjustment, but anything else won't really be proving anything. What kind of camera is it?

Photo's can't tell you jack about black levels. A contrast ratio of maybe 300:1 would be enough to give you "absolute black" in a photo. All TV's look black with a camera photo. LCD RP sets and JVC's D-ILA sets (esp. the older ones) have some of the worst black levels of any TV, but they look solid black in pictures.
You are right, but my intention was not to prove anything. The intention was to use the pictures as an aid to explain what I was seeing since my english communication skills is sometimes limited.

If you want to prove how black it is, take two pictures of a dark scene with low ambient lighting: One with normal camera settings, and one with an intentional 4 or 5 stop overexposure. Not sure if you know how to do that or if your camera even allows manual exposure adjustment, but anything else won't really be proving anything. What kind of camera is it?
I have two Digital Cameras:
- Canon S400, excellent 4MP. It can be manually controlled and even have a raw mode where pictures are not processed or loss compressed by the embedded image processor.
- Sony DSC-W50, very good 6MP. Pocket size camera with automatic control (I used this one for the pics).

The problem is I am not very good using both, and right now my time is almost nonexistent.
But I hope to do it as soon as I can ;)

Minor update. Our eyes really adapted and we are using the settings below for the last two months:
Picture menu
Mode: custom
Backlight: 4
Picture: 95
Brightness: 45
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temp: cold
Sharpness: 15
Noise reduction: off

Advanced settings
Black corrector: off
Contrast Enhancer.: off
Gamma: low
Clear white: off
Live color: off
MPEG Noise reduction: off

Setup menu
Power saving: off
Light sensor: off

The family is very happy with the TV. The Flushed Away trailler is impressive in terms of contrast. Waiting for the movie DVD availability :smile:

I am thinking about buy an imported PS3 and connect it :smile:

blacks

hey pascal,
i just bought this television and like you said it was pretty bright in the beginning. It did give me a few migraines specially at night. I personally have the following setting :
Picture menu
Mode: custom
Backlight: 5
Picture: max
Brightness: 50
Color: 60
Hue: 0
Color Temp: neutral
Sharpness: 18
Noise reduction: low

Advanced settings
Black corrector: off
Contrast Enhancer.: high
Gamma: high
Clear white: high
Live color: high
MPEG Noise reduction: off

Setup menu
Power saving:low
Light sensor: on

As you can see I like intense colors and blacks, the only way to enhance blacks for me is to make use of both the power saving option and the light sensor.
I use this tv mainly to watch DVD's and I am very satisfied with it. No more headaches thanks to the light sensor feature. the colors look natural and realistic and blacks are darker than any other LCD HD tv I have seen lately on the market . It's a good investment.;)

Congrats johnjohnb

Yes, it really is a good investment :smile:
I will try this settings. Havent tried a new setting for a long time.

Hello everyone

I am new to this community

I purchased this TV 5 months ago, but I installed it just 2 days ago. (Was busy with some really important family issues).

I also have Sony AZ-5HD DVD HiiFii System.

I want to attach this DVD System with my TV to play the DVDs and to use my music systems speakers instead of LCD TVs inbuilt speakers. Which is the cable I should use. Would there be a separate cable for sound and video?

Also, I would like to attach my MacBook with this LCD TV. My MacBook has DVI out. Which cable would be appropriate for attaching laptop to LCD?

DVI > VGA
DVI > S-Video

Thanx for your help in advance.

Hello SumitBahl

Sorry for so late response.
The Sony DVD link has no information about video output.
You only not need a separate audio cable if it has an HDMI interface.

For your laptop an DVI->VGA should work better.

Back