Some new details, images and conceptual art of Heavenly Sword

The artwork is very impressive, but the screenshots are all pre-E3 content. They were used for print magazines (LEVEL and EDGE) before E3 began and are only now filtering onto the internet.

It's a shame we've only got one set of scenery in actual in-engine. I'd like to see some of the more lush and green environments as they will appear in game.

Shifty Geezer said:
It's a shame we've only got one set of scenery in actual in-engine. I'd like to see some of the more lush and green environments as they will appear in game.

Yeah Sony is truly pissing me off with all of this hush, hush business. I know nAo and DeanoC would love to show more scenery shots just to keep the fans interested, but leave it up to Sony to F it up.

The AA method in use isn't perfect either. There's some situations where it wasn't working so well, which hopefully are being fixed.

Shifty Geezer said:
The AA method in use isn't perfect either. There's some situations where it wasn't working so well, which hopefully are being fixed.

Might be interfering with FP16 HDR? I remember they are still using this in some places where NAO32 isn't suitable.

I have a question about this game. Is it formed by stages or missions, like Dinasty Warriors or Devil May Cry? Or is an open ended adventure title like God of War, where you advance from beginning to end without any problem?

I really hope the latter is the correct answer.

It sure is looking nice, but I think that it is falling short of what they claimed to have archieved all through 2005/early 2006. Here is a link to a screenshot of their sped-up in engine E3 2005 trailer (then still going with the full hd train).

screenshot

PiNkY said:
It sure is looking nice, but I think that it is falling short of what they claimed to have archieved all through 2005/early 2006. Here is a link to a screenshot of their sped-up in engine E3 2005 trailer (then still going with the full hd train).

screenshot

Well, they haven't yet showed any of thast stuff, so we should wait and see if they will have those really open terrains with thousands of soldiers you can combat or not, so for now I guess we can't say that they are falling sort...

PiNkY said:

screenshot
Prehaps if rather than general 'falling short' you can be more specific and I'll answer?
We haven't shown any PS3 army screenies yet, so arguments about number of peeps etc. aren't possible. As someone whos working stupid hours (a heard that most peeps get weekends off... what a strange idea ;-) ) on this very item, all I can say its give a little longer and then judge us.

That shot was 1080p with no AA, we are now 720p with 4xAA... which seems a fair change. We had FP16 Opaque HDR, we now have NAO32 Opaque HDR.

I'm not picking a fight, I'm genuinely interested... I know exactly what the differences are between how that shot was made and what we have today, so I'm curious why its percieved better back then...

DeanoC said:
We haven't shown any PS3 army screenies yet, so arguments about number of peeps etc. aren't possible.

:) Any idea when some of the screenshots showing huge army scenes are released? Just a little hint, we all wanna see more of HS.

i think the foreground DOF focus make things look more 'synthetic' and perceptually realistic in some ways for most people.But this works also with realtime DOF.
The other explanation is bad people with nasty agenda ...They use the things that are factually ignored to build their deconstructive argumentation.

_phil_ said:
i think the foreground DOF focus make things look more 'synthetic' and perceptually realistic in some ways for most people.But this works also with realtime DOF.
The other explanation is bad people with nasty agenda ...They use the things that are factually ignored to build their deconstructive argumentation.

I guess, it has more to do with the number of characters displayed on the screen. It's just more impressive on the "imaginative" side, rather than showing actual graphical differences.

Back