So, do we know anything about RV670 yet?

If the Nvidia refresh in Nov is on time and has the performance suggested, that seems like a bad deal/thing for amd/ati since the refresh they are going for dosnt seem to add up in the high end.

I am waiting still for a good ati card.

Fruitzilla:
RV670 is more like R600 on 55nm
RV670 is the most controversial chip in ATI’s history. ATI is trying to seduce its partners with some fake news, and legal or not it confuses the market completely.

RV670 is suppose to be the R600 variation with 256 bit memory interface done in 55 nanometre. It will feature 320 stream processors and the PCB will less complex.

DAAMIT also hopes for 800+ MHz clocks and the new chip should have more ROPs but we don’t know exactly how much more. Just to be on the safe side, ATI will call this one a mainstream chip and two of them a high end at least for the time being.

Seduce partners with fake news, possibly illegally? What? :rolleyes:

AMD'd get a lot farther if they used nice wine, a good dinner, some candles, and a little smooth jazz.

What exactly about RV670 is controversial?
Is it made from orphans?

Telling different things for different partners = leaked informations make confusion in users/NV side, this is a good strategy to defend a not released product and make some hype for free.

Its legal or not i don't know, but leaking NDA infos not legal either.

Telling different things for different partners = leaked informations make confusion in users/NV side, this is a good strategy to defend a not released product and make some hype for free.
Because the smartest thing you can do to the companies that make your product functional and marketable is piss them off?

If there are long-term contracts involved in AMD's "seducing" its partners, AMD could get nailed for fraud.

rv6ts9.jpg

Fudzilla/The Inq just makes me laugh. They just take a roadmap/document, tear it to pieces, then uses the tidbits to create newsarticles to fill one or two weeks. Even one sentence can be turned into an official newsitem by him/The Inq. They're probably pissed off that someone else beat them to it and most of it online already. :LOL:

Fudzilla/The Inq just makes me laugh. They just take a roadmap/document, tear it to pieces, then uses the tidbits to create newsarticles to fill one or two weeks. Even one sentence can be turned into an official newsitem by him/The Inq. They're probably pissed off that someone else beat them to it and most of it online already. :LOL:

Inq and fruitzilla used many times your infos what you write here to create new rumors :smile:

Their copy/paste error-rate is interesting...

The worst part is that many other sites just basically copy/paste what The Inq/Fudzilla post and present it as fact like when they said the GF8600 was based on the G83. I've seen several news sites just copy/paste it without checking their facts.

The worst part is that many other sites just basically copy/paste what The Inq/Fudzilla post and present it as fact like when they said the GF8600 was based on the G83. I've seen several news sites just copy/paste it without checking their facts.

Yes this is totalyl right, g83 8600 was funny, i read in many other HW sites too :smile:

Inq and fruitzilla used many times your infos what you write here to create new rumors :smile:

Oooh, look... now they've posted that RV670 is probably a DX10.1 card.... link

I wonder what's next.... :rolleyes: Tomorrow it's probably that RV670 is slated to be a single slot card, the day after they'll post that AMD will support Tripod/Quad CF in November/December, the day after that they'll post that R680 has UVD and the day after that they'll post that projected performance of RV670 is that of a R600 but with lower powerusage and less heat ouput. How many news items can they actually make of one document?

Edit: looks like they already posted that last part today. lol

Oooh, look... now they've posted that RV670 is probably a DX10.1 card.... link

I wonder what's next.... :rolleyes: Tomorrow it's probably that RV670 is slated to be a single slot card, the day after they'll post that AMD will support Tripod/Quad CF in November/December, the day after that they'll post that R680 has UVD and the day after that they'll post that projected performance of RV670 is that of a R600 but with lower powerusage and less heat ouput. How many news items can they actually make of one document?

Edit: looks like they already posted that last part today. lol

LoL, I do believe that they have managed to perfect the art of milking anything they read for as many page views as they can with multiple articles based off one blurb. :)

Regards,
SB

Back