So, do we know anything about RV670 yet?

ok 1 hour later

40 down to 37 and 47 down to 43

thats 7 cards total,

Whats Gibbo's figure's now?

400 cards in 2 days, well man that just sounds a bit far fetched for the volume differences that New Egg does vs OCUK.

ok 1 hour later

40 down to 37 and 47 down to 43

thats 7 cards total,

Whats Gibbo's figure's now?

400 cards in 2 days, well man that just sounds a bit far fetched for the volume differences that New Egg does vs OCUK.

Gibbo said he had 3850's still in stock, I don't think he ever said he sold out of them. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

So another day or so and we'll have the most awesome's battle royale for the upper midrange ever between two great price/performers that are not actually available to buy anywhere?

I missread it, ok 100 cards in 1 hour? Thats still really far fetched. and why is he getting so many more cards then NewEgg? I know Newegg has at least 10 warehouses around the US, they are quite a bit bigger then OCUK, allocation must be going to Europe first then the US, or OEM cards being bought by OCUK?

I missread it, ok 100 cards in 1 hour? Thats still really far fetched. and why is he getting so many more cards then NewEgg? I know Newegg has at least 10 warehouses around the US, they are quite a bit bigger then OCUK, allocation must be going to Europe first then the US, or OEM cards being bought by OCUK?

Or perhaps Newegg misjudged how many cards they'd need and didn't order enough of them? It's not like AMD calls up e-tailers and says "you need this many cards", the opposite is true.

Or perhaps Newegg misjudged how many cards they'd need and didn't order enough of them? It's not like AMD calls up e-tailers and says "you need this many cards", the opposite is true.

7 in an hour and they missjudged? They have enough to cover the day. Maybe Gibbo misjudged and ordered too many.

7 in an hour and they missjudged? They have enough to cover the day. Maybe Gibbo misjudged and ordered too many.

Their were more than 50 HD 3870's on newegg per AIB. Thats at least 150 sold out in less than a hour.

ASUS, MSI, Powercolor, Gecube etc... still have not shipped to newegg.

Then you'd have to assume he's lying about how many he ordered and how many he sold.

he has lied or telling things that are stretched out that would be beneficial to his sales about certain products in the past ;)

I can't say anything about the 3870's S_C, when they come back in stock I'll keep my eye out on them then.

Newegg seems to have stocked more of the 3870s. They sell out then an hour or two later they're available again.

It's a well-worn sales tactic that often works...;) You place in-stock notification for hot items in small groups so as to spur excitement and to get people to pull the trigger because they're thinking, "Man, they're almost sold out! I'd better order right now!"

That's the whole idea. Where a hot, new item is concerned, it's much more motivational to read "30 in stock" than it is to read "3,000 in stock," isn't it?...;)

It's a well-worn sales tactic that often works...;) You place in-stock notification for hot items in small groups so as to spur excitement and to get people to pull the trigger because they're thinking, "Man, they're almost sold out! I'd better order right now!"

Exactly. Just like how Best Buy sells items.

Reader John tells us that he witnessed some Best Buy employees announcing "the very last Wii" over and over again. Oh those crafty kids at Best Buy!

I overheard two manager-types (one in a suit, the other a yellow shirt) discussing it, the suit asking "Did Julie sell that Wii, yet? How long?" And then "Wait 40 minutes and send out the next one."

Back