So, do we know anything about RV670 yet?

Not so good looking for AMD.

R670 in 2008 only means that NV will own the holidays season with G92 and G80. Which means that G80 will the leading high-end Chip for the second christams season.

Hi B3D forum users!
Some add-on letter to latest 2008 "Leo" AMD platform:
amd2cb6.jpg

Slide looks fake.... there is no info about LEO in any site what reported from AMD techday.

I find LEO ;)
Slide133.jpg

Thats slide with r670/r680 still looks fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

80nm r600 based 150watt power consuption card with less core (-100mhz)/memory speed (-200mhz), 256mb memory, rollercoaster performance, won't be a hotseller.

I see nothing what AMD can do this year without any new GPU to take some respect back from user side, looks like everything will be NV side this year, the only lead what AMD have now is in the process techology, but when g92 is a 65nm based performance GPU than yay for AMD.

Not to mention that AMD has spoken of the Phenom / RD790 (or was it 780?) platform with R700, not R670 or R680

"ATI Radeon X1950 GT" = ati2mtag_R580, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7288
"Radeon X1900 Series " = ati2mtag_R580, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7249
X1950 = RV570, X1900 = R580
"ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT " = ati2mtag_R600, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9400
"ATI Radeon HD 2900 PRO" = ati2mtag_R600, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9403

;)

HD2900Pro can use the R600 or a new chip.

Slide looks fake.... there is no info about LEO in any site what reported from AMD techday.

I find LEO ;)
Slide133.jpg

Thats slide with r670/r680 still looks fake.

Regardless if his slide is fake or not, your slide which is a real deal contradicts his slide. Their is no mention of R670/R680 in your slide but R7xx.

It's not fake, it's internal add-on list not slide show.
Here's press rel.
http://www.sysopt.com/news/article.php/3691401

Intresting...

This a big let down though. :rolleyes:

They are pretty much giving away their platform to Nvidia. Nvidia AM2+ chipsets comming in novemeber along with lowend chipsets with IGP's. G92 is said to hit in that timeframe as well. So not only do they hit all the early adopters with the Phenom platform, they also snatch the holiday season. It's a homerun with all bases loaded for NV.

The sad part about it is that AMD really does not give a rats ass either if their GPU and chipset busniess get shreded before their eyes. In the end they are selling Phenoms, and thats all they care about. Their 5.4 billion dollar investment is going to be flushed down the drain.

I can't help but shake my head and roll my eyes. Have they not had working RD790 prototypes since May(Actully I think they had been testing it long before but for sakes, I will say May)? They were just showing off a working sample a couple of day's ago. What else needs to be done that is so big that this board can't hit untill 2008? I did not see any sort of heat issues as the chipset was passive cooled and the rest of the system was on air and a stock phenom cooler with a phenom running at 3.0ghz. Heat and power are out of the qustion. God forbid this be a yeild issue. I'm convinced that god and all his angles are workign agaist AMD.

As for R670 and R680... all I can say is WTF. Apparently R600's delay must have played a role on R680's as we are getting a refresh an entire year after the R600 should have been out.

They are pretty much giving away their platform to Nvidia. Nvidia AM2+ chipsets comming in novemeber along with lowend chipsets with IGP's. G92 is said to hit in that timeframe as well. So not only do they hit all the early adopters with the Phenom platform, they also snatch the holiday season. It's a homerun with all bases loaded for NV.

The sad part about it is that AMD really does not give a rats ass either if their GPU and chipset busniess get shreded before their eyes. In the end they are sellign Phenoms, and thats all they care about. Their 5.4 billion dollar investment is going to be flushed down the drain.
Now, I really, really doubt that's the case. Perhaps you should reconsider your assumptions.

Perhaps you should enlighten me then. All I see is a cricus.
Companies have made bad products, late products, bad and late products, whatever. Generally, they don't make the kinds of fantastically stupid decisions that people think they have in this thread.

Companies have made bad products, late products, bad and late products, whatever. Generally, they don't make the kinds of fantastically stupid decisions that people think they have in this thread.

Of course they don't mean or purposely make those decisions. However, on the outside in the publics eye, they certainly do give out that image don't they?

I would really really really like a explanation from AMD with no PR BS in the mix fully explaining in detail what the hell is going on.

I can't help but shake my head and roll my eyes. Have they not had working RD790 prototypes since May(Actully I think they had been testing it long before but for sakes, I will say May)? They were just showing off a working sample a couple of day's ago. What else needs to be done that is so big that this board can't hit untill 2008?

PCI-Sig list shows RD790 as PCIe 1.1, yet their roadmaps indicate this as PCIe Gen II.

Of course they don't mean or purposely make those decisions. However, on the outside in the publics eye, they certainly do give out that image don't they?

I would really really really like a explanation from AMD with no PR BS in the mix fully explaining in detail what the hell is going on.
What, "hey guys, we've got these cards coming up in the future, here's all the info on them?" Wait and see. I'm even a little bullish on AMD's prospects.

Well "main quest of Analyst Day was:What's wrong with U?
They said: It's OK, seriously.:???:

I think that's all goodness AMD can serve for us now.:D

NV,Intel made bad products too but they not fail time to time again.
ATi miss many opertunity after r300 to be the no1 in the GPU business for a long time, now they not even have a single chance, they marketshare in discrete graphics lower than 20%.

80nm r600 based 150watt power consuption card with less core (-100mhz)/memory speed (-200mhz), 256mb memory, rollercoaster performance, won't be a hotseller.

I see nothing what AMD can do this year without any new GPU to take some respect back from user side, looks like everything will be NV side this year, the only lead what AMD have now is in the process techology, but when g92 is a 65nm based performance GPU than yay for AMD.
G92 is only supposed to be a performance part by some incredibly bad newsers, the number tells anything we need to know by himself: G92 is a midrange GPU, as RV670 is.

The real question here is: why do they push the G9x arch so early if G80 is so outrageously superior as some endlessly say?

If RV670 is something similar to a doubled RV630 it will have enough shading and texturing power to compete against the GTS320 given R600's results, G92 being the true R600's competitor in upcoming titles, and G90... won't be there before AMD release their R700.

Everything depends on your definition of midrange. As for the schedule, this is determined much in advance. G9x was already slated for 4Q07 much before the R6xx's performance became known, and they'd need new chips for 65nm/PCI Express 2.0 anyway...

I'm not sure why any company would ever delay a new product when it believes its margins will be superior to that of the existing product, however, even if there is no competitive pressure. Things just don't work that way.

G92 is only supposed to be a performance part by some incredibly bad newsers, the number tells anything we need to know by himself: G92 is a midrange GPU, as RV670 is.

I except is a performance GPU at 65nm but when NV start use ATi naming scheme (r420/r520) than G92 can be a highend GPU ;)

If RV670 is something similar to a doubled RV630 it will have enough shading and texturing power to compete against the GTS320 given R600's results, G92 being the true R600's competitor in upcoming titles, and G90... won't be there before AMD release their R700.

Rv670 shading and texturing power can be enough against 8800gts320mb when its 2xrv630 (umm 8 RBE anyone?:p ) but AA performance still can be bad, performance category born to play mainstream resolution with filters, and not without filters.

Hopefully AMD release competative (in performance) rv670 based cards in time (max. 2007 mid Q4).

Back