So did mother theresa actually help anyone or just "gave a lot of love"?

Religion never, ever delivered anything ultimately "good" and never will.

That's really nonsense, unless you think acceptance of the inevitable is a bad thing of course. ;)

That's really nonsense, unless you think acceptance of the inevitable is a bad thing of course. ;)

Not that I agree with xxx's sweeping statement, but does religion truly offer acceptance of the inevitable? Most religions seem to work on the promise of an afterlife, rather than acceptance of the end. ;)

Not that I agree with xxx's sweeping statement, but does religion truly offer acceptance of the inevitable? Most religions seem to work on the promise of an afterlife, rather than acceptance of the end. ;)

Well, yes, in a sense you could call it denial just as well.

No, most religions say "It's ok that you suffer in this life, because you will be rewarded for that in the afterlife". It's just a control mechanism saying (translated to normal everyday speech): "Eat my shite, shut your mouth and be thankful for it. Oh, and give me all your money and power while you're at it."

No, most religions say "It's ok that you suffer in this life, because you will be rewarded for that in the afterlife". It's just a control mechanism saying (translated to normal everyday speech): "Eat my shite, shut your mouth and be thankful for it. Oh, and give me all your money and power while you're at it."

Heck yeah! Damn America! I mean... religions.

Back