Snow!!!!!

Sinistar said:
Na, Mishawaka is just east of south bend.
Ah, my bad. :oops:

I,ve been to Red Bud Trail, but i don't think I have ever heard of Puppy Island, sounds scary to me.:D
Puppy Island = Bachelor Island, a little island in the river off of Red Bud Trail that is only accessable by boat. It has about a dozen little vacation cottages on it, my Mom owned one of them for about 8 years and loved it. (Sold it two years ago though)

It got the nickname "Puppy Island" because all the residents let their dogs run free since they couldn't get lost and the place became renowned as a puppy vacation spot. It was the only place we could go with our kids & puppies and know that everyone would have a blast.

Many happy memories, my dogs Beanie and Maggie (RIP) loved that place.

Its a pretty cold spel arround the lakes due a low pressure arroud the east cost with north westerly winds blowing from Canada:

Note, these are 1500 m temps (=850 hPa) and this chart will exceed every 6 ours, beacause its deeplinked, so the commentary won't match it anymore ;)
Rnamavn122.png

But it will become milder later on, espially on the east cost.

Waiting for some short winterspells here in The Netherlands too, but it won't last long as always, thanks to the bloody warm sea :(
North America is the best "weather-lab" is in the entire world, I wish I live in Buffalo, every year they get big amounts of lakesnow..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinistar said:
Its Mishawaka, and it a 10 minute drive from my house. I HATE SNOW.:D

Okay. First time thru Indiana in. . .oh. . .32 years. No kidding. Tho it will probably become a twice-a-year thing for awhile now.

Brother and I were at WVU/Pitt tonight and froze our asses. But it is supposed to be fifties on Sunday. . .

We got some snow yesterday, but it wasn't much. But it snowed a lot during the night, and this is how it looked this morning :)
snow2.jpg

We have snow here too.

Didn't see snow around here in November since... A long time ago.
A true white christmas, at least?

Grrr!!! My flight home was cancelled last night due to "snow". :mad: So I'm stuck in Germany for another day. Grrr!!!

The Met Office have been going on for weeks about how this winter is going to be a Cold'Un(TM) in the UK (and maybe the whole of Northern Europe, I dunno). It'll come as a bit of a shock after the past decade of warm winters!

Back