Freaking out a bit, felt a need to chat.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
UGH! Hey all, sorry I haven't been around. Work/life/etc, nothing personal...honest! Woke up this morning freaking out and wanting to talk about it; but my kids are asleep, the dogs and cats don't really talk, and my wife is in the hospital so I can't chat with her.

Yeah, I'm freaking that my wife is in the hospital. :(

She's going to be fine, FINE...it's just we're not quite sure what's wrong yet. She was violently ill all Weds but on Thurs felt better, but she left work early Friday to go to the ER since she was all ill again. After some tests and such they found her colon was swollen through a catscan and they're treating her currently for collidos, which I guess isn't bad as long as the colon doesn't rupture...but then it's life threatening.

So they kept her overnight for observation and to give her a course of two antibiotics intravenously. I was there with her from about 3p to about 12:30, when I went home to be with the kids. (I ran home once earlier to feed 'em, don't fret. :p )

She's currently at Community Hospital in Munster which is good/bad. Good because I really like the hospital, bad because it's about 30 miles away and a bit of a drive even for a psycho driver like me. I spoke to her this morning and she's doing ok. She's in some pain, feeling nauseous, and not really happy being in the hospital; but other than that she's good. She's where she has to be for a bit to get better, so she's dealing. I want to be with her, but someone needs to be with the kids so I'm dealing.

And I just am panicking a bit and want someone to tell me it's all gonna be ok so I should calm down, so I figured I'd post up and hope for the best. :oops:

It's a real shame to hear that Digi. Hope all goes well and that she's on her way to a speedy recovery.

Thanks, I should be hearing from her in about an hour and a half and hopefully then I'll be taking the kids in for either a visit or a pick-up.

And I just am panicking a bit and want someone to tell me it's all gonna be ok so I should calm down, so I figured I'd post up and hope for the best. :oops:

There's no point panicking about things that haven't happened. Your wife is in the hospital being cared for, they know what it is and they know how to treat her. That's a lot of important things already being sorted, so now you just have to help her get well.

Try not to stress too much, because otherwise your wife is going to have to worry about you too, and I think she's got enough on her plate as it is! If you're too upset, your kids will pick up on it , so you have to think positive and deal with what is actually happening now, and not get upset worrying about what might happen, but hasn't happened, and probably won't happen.

Good luck, and let us know how she gets on.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Digi. It's natural to stress out over a sick loved one, I'm sure you've heard that already (and probably doesn't help much either.) My mum got rushed to hospital before christmas due to seriously low blood count and spent about a week there, she's 76 going on 77 now and not very spry at all anymore so I felt concern over her and couldn't sleep well and stuff, but they fixed her up. She's worked in hospitals for over 40 years and never liked to be a patient herself, lol.

Here's hoping she's back home with you and the kids soon. :) Take care, and don't be a stranger now, y'hear?!

She'll be fine and so will you, that is at least so long as you don't watch House M.D. or anything like that. ;)

Hurm, and I actually bought the full 15 seasons box set of E.R. off of Amazon for myself for christmas and am watching the 2nd season right now actually...

Damn good TV show that. Don't think I ever saw a bad episode, not that I've actually seen them all, but its creepy with all the blood and guts and pain and suffering.

I'd give up after the first 10 seasons, if I were you. It really did begin to get very silly in later years to the extent that, after avidly watching the show for over a decade, I just couldn't be bothered with the last couple of seasons. ;)

Having a loved one in the hospital is never easy, especially your partner. Stay strong and remember she's in good, capable hands and worry won't help. Hope she's home ASAP.

House was good for many years and then it seemed they'd just exhausted the brilliant asshole theme. I stop watching around ten as well. I mean, how many times do you have to guess African sleeping sickness in the first tent minutes?

Just got back from a visit with the kids. She's doing well, but they're keeping her over another night and are going to re-evaluate her in the morning.

So no news, which isn't a bad thing. Just some more waiting.

I'm lying in her hospital bed playing on her laptop waiting for her to come back from some more testing. Still no clue what's wrong. :(

House was good for many years and then it seemed they'd just exhausted the brilliant asshole theme.

There are subtle changes though over the years in terms of personal development, that I personally really enjoy. Watching season 8 now as it happens, and really the only part that is starting to bore (and annoy) me a slight bit is the medical stuff, though the guessing game of what will happen next starts becoming more interesting as we (as in the wife and I) are learning a lot of useless (though very, very rarely useful) medical stuff from the show. But it's the first season where I'm not lapping up every minute, and we're still really liking it.

I stop watching around ten as well. I mean, how many times do you have to guess African sleeping sickness in the first tent minutes?

I vaguely remember liking E.R. back in the days, but it's one of those shows that I couldn't watch too many seasons of, because of getting bored issues.

And on a happy note I picked my wife up this afternoon and we're happily back home now. We know what's wrong, it's fixable and we're doing what needs to be done to fix it.

Yes, I am dancing on air and hugging strangers...but that's ok. :)

Back