Freaking out a bit, felt a need to chat.

Good to hear! :D Hope all will be well from now on, and no unpleasant surprises (at least until your kids reach driving age and start borrowing your cars and bend some fenders, etc... :LOL:)

Right ... it's 18 over here. You could say that we teach our kids to drink first (16) and then drive once they've gotten used to that. There are advantages to this. ;)

Right ... it's 18 over here. You could say that we teach our kids to drink first (16) and then drive once they've gotten used to that. There are advantages to this. ;)

My daughter's been learning to drive. Unlike me at that age, she doesn't want to drive, but I want her to so that I don't have to keep shuttling her and her brother to and from school. We also have always let the kids have wine with dinner or champagne with a celebration, etc. (though they mostly decline) as we think the prohibition only make it forbidden fruit.

Great news dig. Glad the whole family is back home where they belong.

Oh yeah, this is a very clear difference with over here obviously. Almost nobody needs a car to get to school here, because it's so densely populated and bicycles, mopeds (legal age starts at 16), public transport and so on get you anywhere. I can see that would be vastly different in large parts of the US. It's also why traffic training is far more strict here (with a very heavy practical AND a very heavy theoretical component, compulsory driving lessons from a licenced driving instructor etc)

It's so freaking great to have things settling back to normal. Chris is doing great, I even went back to work today and didn't hate it. :)

Ours don't get to drink until they're 21, we got a seriously f-ed up country. :oops:

*BIG HUG*
grouphug.gif

Back