Setup/test disc for displays.

I came across this site the other day, and thought that people here might find it useful. From the top right menu you can download a DVD image for a generic test disc to help you set up your display and playback equipment. It seems that very few bits of equipment arrive with the optimal settings, or need they to be reset to get the best out of different types of device.

While there are commercial discs that help you do this, and a few DVD movie titles that help you set-up for particular titles (THX discs), this one is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm glad at least one person found it useful! As I've seen from your thread on the Bravia, it's easy to get an expensive piece of A/V equipment that seems pretty mediocre out of the box, but when properly set up really shines. There must be an amazing amount of gear out there that has never been calibrated properly.

Yeah, the motion test was quite interesting.

My DVD player had problems de-interlacing when the pendulum swings out in the interlaced "576i" logo.

Also, in the test with the moving vertical bars: once the speed had gone up to 1/4 screen width per frame interlace artifacts showed up

Cheers

Back